2020 Octoberfest - Minuteman3 (Ken) Hardcore - Canon EF 50mm f1.4 Day 31

Real Name
Ken St John
Since I only have one prime (not counting my iPhone), we'll see how this goes!!

The "tool" for the month ...
IMG_2830.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers!!

Ken

Last edited:
Real Name
Ken St John
DAY 1

With a combination of fog and smoke from the California fires ... you'd be hard pressed to see this B&W conversion is much different than "full color!!"
IMG_2949-Edit.jpg

Ken

Real Name
Ken St John
Day 2 - New Project!!

On a trip to the lumber yard, I spied some wonderful pieces of sequoia (redwood) that were thin slices with some bark on them, I picked up a few; one was fairly small and I spent today figuring out what to do with it! Finally decided to make a stand for my iMac and use it on my desk.
IMG_2976.jpg

After some measuring, and quite a few cuts, I ended up with this. I'll glue the corners in place, sand it, and then fill the open areas with epoxy. Not sure of the color right now. I'm leaning towards a crimson red ... but am not sure. Any suggestions?

Cheers!!

Ken

Last edited:
Cool project - that should last you a very long time. Agree with Phil - hope to see the finished version when you're done.

Real Name
Ken St John
DAY 3 - Copper Creek

This is another cutting board I'm working on, this time I'm pretty sure it's red oak. Had a small indentation on one side, so I'm filling it with copper metallic epoxy resin.
IMG_2991.jpg

(With the weather still foggy and gray, there's not much around here other than these projects!!)

Ken

Real Name
Paul
Day 2 - New Project!!

On a trip to the lumber yard, I spied some wonderful pieces of sequoia (redwood) that were thin slices with some bark on them, I picked up a few; one was fairly small and I spent today figuring out what to do with it! Finally decided to make a stand for my iMac and use it on my desk.
View attachment 1671170
After some measuring, and quite a few cuts, I ended up with this. I'll glue the corners in place, sand it, and then fill the open areas with epoxy. Not sure of the color right now. I'm leaning towards a crimson red ... but am not sure. Any suggestions?

Cheers!!

Ken
Cool piece of wood. Hard to visualize what would look nice. Maybe bring into photoshop and then fill the region with different colors?

Real Name
Paul
DAY 3 - Copper Creek

This is another cutting board I'm working on, this time I'm pretty sure it's red oak. Had a small indentation on one side, so I'm filling it with copper metallic epoxy resin.
View attachment 1671212
(With the weather still foggy and gray, there's not much around here other than these projects!!)

Ken
It's fun to see what you're working on, and will be great to see the finished products.

Latest threads

Top Bottom