Critique 2020 Octoberfest - NEF Said (Paul) Hardcore - 28mm f2.8 Ais Completed

Real Name
Paul
Day 1: Auburn Town Hall
2020_01__DSC7188.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul
From Wikipedia...

Auburn was originally settled by Native Americans in 1624. It was a fishing settlement called by Native Americans "Massabesic" (the current name of the town's largest lake). British settlers arrived in the area in 1720 and made peace with the Native Americans until the French and Indian War. The Massabesic settlement was destroyed, and the nearby town of Chester claimed the land. It was known as Chester Woods, Chester West Parish, Long Meadow, and then Auburn. Auburn became an independent town on June 25, 1845.

Real Name
Paul
Good range of exposure. You held the the detail in the white well.
Thanks it was hard, as I could only duck away from work at noon time, and it was really bright.

I had to jockey for position to shoot as well, as there were several ladies setting up decorations on the front lawn.

Real Name
Paul
Day 2: Bedford Town Hall
2020_02__DSC7196.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

From Wikipedia...
In 1733, Massachusetts established Bedford as "Narragansett, No. 5" for the benefit of soldiers who fought against the Narragansett people in Rhode Island. The area was also known as "Souhegan East". The settlement was incorporated as "Bedford" in 1750, and was named for John Russell, 4th Duke of Bedford.

When I moved to New Hampshire, 38 years ago, Before was known as a very low tax town, with many very expensive and large houses. With a high school added 14 years ago, it now is a higher tax town with large expensive homes. :)

Nice work again Paul - the old town halls going to be a theme this year? And it looks like you all are getting some autumn color.

Real Name
Paul
Nice work again Paul - the old town halls going to be a theme this year? And it looks like you all are getting some autumn color.
Good catch! I am trying to do a theme this year, which is pictures of towns (not cities) from A to Z (and then some). I'm trying to get old, historic buildings, not necessarily town halls, but realize that I'm going to run into some issues with some of the letters of the alphabet, so will have to be creative or diverge a bit.

Yes, we are getting color very early. I'm hoping to head up North next week, as peak is very near (if not already) in some areas. Going to be tough, as my last day at work is Monday, and I've got all sort of commitments next week.

Latest threads

Top Bottom