2020 Octoberfest Oct 25 jbailey930 John - Z 6 w/ 85 1.8S

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Walking through our paths I cross this bridge over a flood plain ever other day. Signs of fall here in N. VA prior to a rainy Sunday with Delta remnants. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A little afternoon side lighting as we roamed around the yard. Getting a frisky 10/11 week old puppy still for telephoto photograph is about as hard as house training!!! But both are going well so far.
View attachment 1671429
So worth it IMHO when you get "the" shot. :)

Keeping up with an 11 week old puppy and working remote is impacting my, and I know others here too, ability to get the shots I want to post. Nevertheless, this is another one of my passions besides photography. I have been a stereo guy since mid 70s/teenage HS years. This is a system I have put together over many years that sounds as good as new gear, well maybe not completely true :) but looks are killer.

View attachment 1671509View attachment 1671510
Hey-oh! Nice gear. :headphone:

If the stars align just right, I might be able to get my restored Marantz 2250B out of storage and start setting it up late this month.

Verizon had a major internet outage yesterday afternoon. Catching up now that we are finally back up. More gratuitous puppy photos - she sits well. She likes to take in all the smells, sights and sounds of her new home!

View attachment 1671584
I know, more cute doggie pix. Can't help it. Working from home and a good subject. I added the theme - the hunter and hunted? Tried catching some pictures on a brisk walk sans puppy. Squirrels and chipmunks are very busy, does that portend to a tough winter?

View attachment 1671618View attachment 1671619
Puppy pics are perfectly OK with me - makes me grin even if having a bad day. :D

Quick walk through the drizzle today. You all know the saying, leaves of three let them be....but we have a lot of Virginia Creeper and other vines changing colors in the the area.

I like fall colours, as we don't have the change of colours in our climatic zone.

People in Hong Kong used to travel to Japan and Korea during autumn time for the red leaves. We cannot do this this year, of course.

Real Name
Ken St John
Puppy pictures are simply unfair!! Way too cute!! I wonder if your new friend will be a squirrel hunter? Our Sparky certainly is!! I love when he sprints out of the back door in hot pursuit only to run around the trees in circles trying to figure out where the squirrel went!!

Love the rest of your scenes as well especially the closeup of the leaves.

Ken

Nice comp, colors. Looks like a nice place to go walking.
I like fall colours, as we don't have the change of colours in our climatic zone.

People in Hong Kong used to travel to Japan and Korea during autumn time for the red leaves. We cannot do this this year, of course.
Nice composition and colors.
Puppy pictures are simply unfair!! Way too cute!! I wonder if your new friend will be a squirrel hunter? Our Sparky certainly is!! I love when he sprints out of the back door in hot pursuit only to run around the trees in circles trying to figure out where the squirrel went!!

Love the rest of your scenes as well especially the closeup of the leaves.

Ken
Love the fall colors.
I'm a lover of fall colors. These are so pretty the way the colors transition from top to bottom.
Thank you all for the nice comments, much appreciated!

Dreadfully dreary day here with remnants on Delta lingering. No opportunity for outdoors so I resorted to flash for this image. Maddie was sharing a baby carrot with her new moose chewy.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom