2020 Octoberfest Oct 31 and done jbailey930 John - Z 6 w/ 85 1.8S

Long term member, first time player in the fest. Got some new gear and new subject, puppy, on the way!
Blueberry lily. Somewhat invasive per my wife the master gardener.
Octofest 85 1.8S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looking good!! I am lusting after that lens. So, I will be closely watching your photos. Hopefully I'll have one before the end of the year.
Thanks, Terri, I went almost all in with Z lenses over the quarantine summer - 35 1.8, 50 1.8 and this (besides the 14-30 and 24-200 zooms ?). Hope to show you good examples. BTW, this doesn't close focus as the other primes = 2.6 ft. 35 is .6 ft. and 50 is about 1.5 ft.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Beautiful colours. That actually looks like one of the lanterns that we would have during Mid-autumn Festivals.

It is Saturday night. The evening is gorgeous. Going to grill tenderloins. I have been keeping some red a little too long. When quarantine started, I began breaking out bottles of cab as old as 1997. Let me tell you, some don't make it that long!

Anyway cheers to the Cafe and wine drinkers. I have to let this decant a bit before I report back on tasting.
Octfest-7.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul
It is Saturday night. The evening is gorgeous. Going to grill tenderloins. I have been keeping some red a little too long. When quarantine started, I began breaking out bottles of cab as old as 1997. Let me tell you, some don't make it that long!

Anyway cheers to the Cafe and wine drinkers. I have to let this decant a bit before I report back on tasting.
View attachment 1671207
Nice composition and good use of DoF.

Real Name
Chris
I learned about the fantastic layers that the best wines display from a 1992. single vinyard Pinot from Stag’s Leap. This photo brings back very fond memories. I think we were watching Star Trek while drinking it with two friends.

They should put this wine up against French Pinots like batard Montrechet or Romanee Conti... Oh wait. *

* actually it was a different SL wine, a cab, that beat France on their own terms. That means we pay a lot more for Napa wine than you would expect.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom