2020 Octoberfest Oct 31 and done jbailey930 John - Z 6 w/ 85 1.8S

Saturday night pre dinner beverage - yes they brew Guiness in Baltimore, Hon!!!!

View attachment 1672237
Love the shot. And how did it taste? I've never had a gingerbread Guiness.

Thanks, Andy!

Tonight was a walk around a business/restaurant park while I waited to pick up take out.View attachment 1672314
Nice, especially with the reflection. (You've already mentioned the plant.)

Catching up from yesterday, which as you know was Monday....so work happens. Barb cut these from the gardens of perfect fall color.

View attachment 1672401
Don't laugh. I have been trying to get this in focus for a couple of days. I had been getting the flower on the right more in focus than the center. The 85 S is not a close focusing macro.....anyway, last of the cone flowers!

View attachment 1672439
Love the contrast between the two - one almost pastel, the other bright.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Huge sycamore leaf floating in the creek Shadow of the boat lift line on the left
B8FBE4AE-CE20-4126-94FD-FD7349EB5086.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Neat photo. I tried to do something similar the other day, but the leaves were too small. Yours turned out really nice.
This image is so crisp and clean it almost hurts to look at it. Really nice.
That turned out nice - almost like it is sitting on a glossy tabletop.
Now that is cool! Simple and cool.
I appreciate your comments. I have a "thing" for isolating leaves. What you don't see is the millions of those on the path, deck and driveway I needed to clear away!

Oct 26 - temp change - 30 degrees F today. Cool and rainy day. We had a great stretch of late summer weather through Saturday. Today, not much going on except closing up the boat for winter and the in-laws house.

Real Name
Andy
Oct 26 - temp change - 30 degrees F today. Cool and rainy day. We had a great stretch of late summer weather through Saturday. Today, not much going on except closing up the boat for winter and the in-laws house.
Nice job employing the 85's ability to isolate the intended subject at two very different working distances.

It was getting close to 10pm last night and I had nothing. Case of Mondays I guess dealing with work and new puppy kept us going. This is light fixture over our foyer with requisite dust bunnies!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom