2020 Octoberfest - Phil K - Nikkor Z 85/1.8S - Day 25 Oct 25 added

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very cool grab shot. Different colors on the gears - different metals or a design choice?

Oh, that's a beautiful spot in a city. I'd imagine it gets enjoyed by quite a few people?

Beautiful shot of the butterfly, wonderful colors and subject isolation.

That's a cool water feature. Looks like a stair path.

Love the comp and geometry here, B&W works great.
Thank you. I also noticed the different colours and it should be due to lighting in the room.

Thank you again for your kind comments.

D11

I walked past the showroom and found the reflections from the window quite interesting. I stood there for quite some time waiting for an interesting vehicle to pass by which would contrast thew luxury image of the RR. Unfortunately I got the attention of the security guard and though he was not intervening, I felt uncomfortable so I left. Have to settled with this.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D11

I walked past the showroom and found the reflections from the window quite interesting. I stood there for quite some time waiting for an interesting vehicle to pass by which would contrast thew luxury image of the RR. Unfortunately I got the attention of the security guard and though he was not intervening, I felt uncomfortable so I left. Have to settled with this.

View attachment 1671749
May not be exactly what you were looking for, but I think it is an interesting image with the red car (taxi?) reflecting.

Thank you everyone. The problem with walking around with the 85 is running out of distance. I had some nice shots in mind but could jot capture them because my back was already at wall, or I would have to backup into the streets.
That is exactly why I’m trying to decide between the 35mm and the 85 mm Z lenses as my next purchase.

Day 12

It's another empty mall scene from early morning. It's quiet and peaceful.

D11

View attachment 1671749
Something you dont see everyday if not in years! You had to have pre-seen this and been very patient despite the security presence!

The auto shot with the red car reflection is so wonderful. Very creative and a great catch. The colors in the mall shot really catch my eye as well. The yellow is dominant with a little blue in the center of the upper floor. I think it's very pretty.

Something you dont see everyday if not in years! You had to have pre-seen this and been very patient despite the security presence!
The auto shot with the red car reflection is so wonderful. Very creative and a great catch. The colors in the mall shot really catch my eye as well. The yellow is dominant with a little blue in the center of the upper floor. I think it's very pretty.
The RR shot is well done. reflections always seem to deliver great mystery.
The mall is kind of spooky—all lit up and no one in it.
I really like the interesting architecture of some of these buildings. You did a great job capturing it isolated.
Thank you very much for your comments. I am learning a lot from these and from your threads.

Day 13

Today we have a typhoon. It's a small one and not a direct hit, but it's enough to keep us at home. I could only manage to take photos from my window.

Day 13

Today we have a typhoon. It's a small one and not a direct hit, but it's enough to keep us at home. I could only manage to take photos from my window.

View attachment 1671914
Love the shot. We had a very windy day yesterday. We are supposed to have one again today. I was trying to figure out how to shoot it for the meme. You did a great job. Of course we don't have palm trees that capture the motion so well. Hope you stay safe! (PS. If I get a chance to photograph the wind I'm going to start with your 1/3s shutter speed.)

Last edited:
Real Name
Andy
Unfortunately I got the attention of the security guard
How could he be sure you weren't photographing the car you plan to buy? LOL. Nice image, even if it's not what you had envisioned.
Day 12

It's another empty mall scene from early morning. It's quiet and peaceful.
Very nice. I really like this kind of image, where the implication that crowds could be present is emphasized by their absence.
Day 13

Good choice to drag the shutter to emphasize the wind's effect on the foliage.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom