2020 Octoberfest - Phil K - Nikkor Z 85/1.8S - Day 31 Oct 31 Finale added!

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
It's kind of difficult this year as I am not going out as much as usual because of COVID19. I will try my best to find interesting things to post everyday.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
The advantage of living in this part of the world is that I can start before you guys. It is Mid-autumn Festival today and thick clouds are all over the sky so moon shot is out, will try my luck tomorrow. 85mm is meant to be a portrait lens so I start with a portrait of Yoda. This guy like to look away or shut his eyes whenever I have a camera pointing at him.

_DSC3300.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great eye color, Yoda!

Phil, you know this lens can be stopped down for portraiture - even ever so slightly, it helps! A little secret we share, you did the same I would have done, great minds think alike.

Yes it's very good at 1.8. But portraits closer up benefit from the DOF :)

Real Name
Paul
The advantage of living in this part of the world is that I can start before you guys. It is Mid-autumn Festival today and thick clouds are all over the sky so moon shot is out, will try my luck tomorrow. 85mm is meant to be a portrait lens so I start with a portrait of Yoda. This guy like to look away or shut his eyes whenever I have a camera pointing at him.

View attachment 1671026
Very nice. I get the sense of softness of the fur, but still a sharply focused face.

I've noticed some critters over the years do the same thing, others seem stare you down. :D

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Sweet picture Phil! There’s always room for one more cat in Oktoberfest!
Thank you. I think he will be featured more than once in this month.

Nice start, Phil!
Thank. you very much.

Sweet kitty with just a touch of superiority!
Yes, cats all are, right?

My kids and my wife react the same way with me. Sigh.
LOL. I feel your pain.

Great eye color, Yoda!

Phil, you know this lens can be stopped down for portraiture - even ever so slightly, it helps! A little secret we share, you did the same I would have done, great minds think alike.

Yes it's very good at 1.8. But portraits closer up benefit from the DOF :)
Yes indeed. And I am going to learn more in this month.

Very nice. I get the sense of softness of the fur, but still a sharply focused face.
Thank you. This lens is really good and I will explore more.

I've noticed some critters over the years do the same thing, others seem stare you down. :D
Cats are smart and maybe communicating with one another by some means.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Day 2
We went out for dinner tonight. Yes, restaurants are re-opened now, with restrictions in number of tables and number per table. Went past a side street after dinner, during daytime it's quite a busy streets with street side stalls selling various stuff.

_DSC3306.jpg

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
I get the feeling of intrigue in the scene. Nice and IS works very well.
Great atmosphere!
Interesting to see all the different temperatures of lights—they really help give extra definition to the scene.
Nicely done Phil! The scene has an interesting look.

Thank you guys. Like previous years, I would like to show you different aspects of my hometown.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Day 3
Yesterday was a late night scene and today it's an early morning. This is a underground link to an underground station and is quite busy during rush hours. I was there around 6:30am this morning and it's a completely different feel.

_DSC3315.jpg

02 & 03 - as mentioned, nice atmosphere, and I think they both hint at the way societies have stepped back/ withdrawn a bit right now.

Latest threads

Top Bottom