2020 Octoberfest - Phil K - Nikkor Z 85/1.8S - Day 31 Oct 31 Finale added!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Day 17

Today I went further from home and took a walk along the harbourfront boardwalk. There were many people today walking, jogging, walking dogs, and some are fishing. It started to feel autumn with cooler weather, but unfortunately today was a bit cloudy and grey.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There is more thana bit of global solidarity in that shot (17), knowing that on the other side of the planet people are coping exactly how we do. The heavy grey overcast adds to it. The fisherman, jogger and walker are proverbial rays of light!

I like the composition.
You were able to come up with a nice photo. I like being able to see some of the details in the skyline. The fisherman with the mask shows the times we live in.
There is more thana bit of global solidarity in that shot (17), knowing that on the other side of the planet people are coping exactly how we do. The heavy grey overcast adds to it. The fisherman, jogger and walker are proverbial rays of light!
Thank you! The boardwalk is about 15min drive from home and I go there often to jog or just walk around.

Day 18

Early Sunday morning, guy waiting for bus.

Real Name
Ken St John
Catching up ... love your shots around town. It's been more almost thirty years since I was there!! (So long, as a matter of fact, I still have my British Crown colony passport stamp!!) Nothing looks familiar!!

Also really like the shots of Yoda ...

Ken

Loves your glimpses into Hong Kong life.
As Teri just said, the last two are very good street shooting examples. Maybe a slight crop on the fisherman to exclude the sidewalk behind him. Cheers!
Conveys the solitude of the moment very well.
Catching up ... love your shots around town. It's been more almost thirty years since I was there!! (So long, as a matter of fact, I still have my British Crown colony passport stamp!!) Nothing looks familiar!!

Also really like the shots of Yoda ...

Ken
Thank you very much guys. When we can travel again, you can consider coming here and nearby Asian countries to have a look.

Day 19

Sunny Bay. It was in the past a quite remote place on Lantau, our largest outlying Island, for storage of floating logs. The business was in decline some 20 years ago and now there are only a few villagers living there, and these are the only remaining floating huts. To reach the huts, you need to walk on the floating logs. It was in the morning and I am facing east and I think B&W is better suited for the backlighted scene.

Day 19

Sunny Bay. It was in the past a quite remote place on Lantau, our largest outlying Island, for storage of floating logs. The business was in decline some 20 years ago and now there are only a few villagers living there, and these are the only remaining floating huts. To reach the huts, you need to walk on the floating logs. It was in the morning and I am facing east and I think B&W is better suited for the backlighted scene.

View attachment 1672326
Thank you for the background info and the interesting photo. I agree that B&W suits it well.

Day 19

View attachment 1672326
Well shot and very interesting story about life there. Thanks for sharing!

Real Name
Andy
I'm way behind in following your excellent thread.
Wonderfully captured. I'm sure they tasted as good as they look.
ceiling lamp in my girl's room and I like the shadows on the wall
Excellent use of shadow and light.
Yoda again
Why not? A beautiful feline portrait in perfect lighting.
harbourfront boardwalk.
I love the way the background defines this image.
guy waiting for bus
Just the right mood for this great street photograph.
Sunny Bay
A great high key solution to tricky light.

Thank you for the background info and the interesting photo. I agree that B&W suits it well.
Nice gritty feel; so perfectly captured in B&W. Great leading line.
The BW conversion makes this a timeless image. Very interesting description of the island too.
Well shot and very interesting story about life there. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you. B&W is much better than the original colour one.

I'm way behind in following your excellent thread.

Wonderfully captured. I'm sure they tasted as good as they look.

Excellent use of shadow and light.

Why not? A beautiful feline portrait in perfect lighting.

I love the way the background defines this image.

Just the right mood for this great street photograph.

A great high key solution to tricky light.
Thank you Andy for your kind comments.

Day 20

Another early morning street photo. I tend to wake up much more earlier than most people, but still there are already people working.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom