2020 Octoberfest - Phil K - Nikkor Z 85/1.8S - Day 31 Oct 31 Finale added!

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
I’ll say! Quite a lot of wind shown in the shot.
Love the shot. We had a very windy day yesterday. We are supposed to have one again today. I was trying to figure out how to shoot it for the meme. You did a great job. Of course we don't have palm trees that capture the motion so well. Hope you stay safe! (PS. If I get a chance to photograph the wind I'm going to start with your 1/3s shutter speed.)
Wonderful shots. Excellent catch on the wind the palm fonds.

Ken
We got lucky and the wind wasn't as bad as predicted. So I didn't get to try your shutter speed!!
Still blowing here, 30 mph, gusts to 60. Noisy outside.
Thank you everyone. The Z7 IBIS is very good and I was able to take the photo handheld.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
How could he be sure you weren't photographing the car you plan to buy? LOL. Nice image, even if it's not what you had envisioned.

Very nice. I really like this kind of image, where the implication that crowds could be present is emphasized by their absence.

Good choice to drag the shutter to emphasize the wind's effect on the foliage.
Thank you Andy. Surely he knew by my look that I could not afford the car. :D I also like the feel of the empty mall, especially after visiting the day before when there was a lot more people.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Day 14

Typhoon passed but weather was still not stable. Staying at home, wife decided to make scones, one of my favourites. Clotted cream and jam ready.

_DSC3404.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

12 - somehow missed this the other day, sorry. Love the color scheme here, and again showing the isolation of the times.

13 - nice work capturing the movement, conveys the winds well.

14 - comfort food - looks delicious.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Looks really tasty. Nice to have comfort food, when the weather is crappy out.
Scones are always welcome here, perfect for a damp morning.
12 - somehow missed this the other day, sorry. Love the color scheme here, and again showing the isolation of the times.

13 - nice work capturing the movement, conveys the winds well.

14 - comfort food - looks delicious.
Thank you guys for your comments. I really appreciate that.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Day 15

Working indoor most of the day. This is a ceiling lamp in my girl's room and I like the shadows on the wall. Now 85mm is definitely too long here. This was as far back as I could go and I would like to have more of the patterns on the wall.

_DSC3425.jpg

Day 15

Working indoor most of the day. This is a ceiling lamp in my girl's room and I like the shadows on the wall. Now 85mm is definitely too long here. This was as far back as I could go and I would like to have more of the patterns on the wall.

View attachment 1672062
I agree, Phil, you really need to work the scene with that lens to get a non-portrait image. The shadow reminds me of the monster from Stranger Things!

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
I think it looks beautiful. Gives just enough of a hint of the shadows.
Makes for an intriguing shot.
Well Done! Both the light and the shadows make for an interesting shot.
I agree, Phil, you really need to work the scene with that lens to get a non-portrait image. The shadow reminds me of the monster from Stranger Things!
Thank you everyone. What's nice about this project is we can try different things with a single lens and do experiments.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Day 16

I hope you don't mind it's Yoda again. he was sitting by the window waiting for birds and I like the light on his fur.

_DSC3452.jpg

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
The rust color in the background makes for such a beautiful backdrop. This is a very pretty portrait of Yoda!!
I can see why the light spoke to you, it's perfect for white fur.
I agree with Terri and Nick. Expresses the softness very well.
Yoda is a great subject and the 85 is perfect lens. Sometimes our pets don't want us too close with the camera...they know something is up!
Thank you very much. Yoda is a very good model when he cooperates.

Latest threads

Top Bottom