Share 2020 Octoberfest - Signup HERE

Real Name
Chris
Are we gonna do Oktoberfest this year?

if so, I’m in, 104mm f/14. and possibly an 85mm f/2.8 macro As a poser.

I’m feeling under the weather, so gonna play with film timing rules.

Are we gonna do Oktoberfest this year?

if so, I’m in, 104mm f/14. and possibly an 85mm f/2.8 macro As a poser.

I’m feeling under the weather, so gonna play with film timing rules.
Of course we do Oktoberfest!

Do we need a sign up thread, as previous OF 2019? This here is the "ring the bell"...

All that above means I'm in, of course. Lens to be determined...

I’m interested. Not sure what lens(es) yet, and will be real busy the first week, as I going through retirement process at work.

Real Name
Chris
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm considering. I did it in 2018 and basically enjoyed it, but thought it got to be a bit burdensome toward the end.
Consider making a couple pics, so when the crunch is on you can pull one from the stash. I figure (under film rules) it’s legal.

Real Name
Ken St John
I'll give it a try ... and my one and only prime is a 50mm f1.4.

If October is our "normal" gray and rain outside, posting daily may result in some very boring shots ... just sayin' !!

Ken

I'll give it a go. Looks like I haven't done it with my 28mm f1.8 MF in a while, so will give that a whirl.

Consider making a couple pics, so when the crunch is on you can pull one from the stash. I figure (under film rules) it’s legal.
Yes film, OK?
I consider that illegal when shooting digital. My workaround that saved my A55 last alien year, some days: take several shots and decide on which one to show. Trying out multiple subjects. Save not the picture, but the idea for a few days. When in a hurry, get the idea back out. Advantages:
- saves you from the must of having a good idea every day
- the thinking about your second choice, for a few days, usually leads to a better picture when you re-shoot it. You can think about what can be done better.
- feeling save, by having ideas (on a list even) relaxes you. Leads to more ideas, more easily.

Of course it is more difficult with outside image taking where everything has got to fit.

I'm in. At least for an attempt. Will make a decision on gear by tomorrow.

edit - player, with Fuji. 23/2 on the X100F, 35/2 and 90/2 on the X-H1. I'll start a thread later to day or tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'll be participating. Can we share photos made this month with our zoom lenses elsewhere in the cafe? I'm going to focus on mainly using my primes, but can't guarantee I won't take a few shots with my zooms especially since I just got my Z50 with the kit lens and I'm still trying it out.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom