Share 2020 Octoberfest - Signup HERE

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Well, I was planning this year to use my 500VR Prime with my old D3s. I had a great time last year using my iPad, and thought my going as far as I could the other direction would be fun and challenging.

However, as the mods and admin know, I just got out of the hospital last week from having extreme blood clots in my lungs, lucky to be alive, as the docs said my PE imagery was rather impressive. So I am bowing out this year, and concentrating on my recovery. Just now moving around the house a little without strain.
Looking forward to the images this year.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
I'll be participating. Can we share photos made this month with our zoom lenses elsewhere in the cafe? I'm going to focus on mainly using my primes, but can't guarantee I won't take a few shots with my zooms especially since I just got my Z50 with the kit lens and I'm still trying it out.
Of course, and there is a thread for other images, Bucket thread, for images you took besides your Octoberfest thread.

Oh, what the heck. Count me in. I will use a classic 25 year old 50mm 1.2 ai-s on a Z6. I will shoot most at f1.2 so don’t judge me on “soft” images, it’s the thing that makes this lens special.

Well, I was planning this year to use my 500VR Prime with my old D3s. I had a great time last year using my iPad, and thought my going as far as I could the other direction would be fun and challenging.

However, as the mods and admin know, I just got out of the hospital last week from having extreme blood clots in my lungs, lucky to be alive, as the docs said my PE imagery was rather impressive. So I am bowing out this year, and concentrating on my recovery. Just now moving around the house a little without strain.

Wow. Glad you're still with us!

Best wishes for a full and rapid (as much as possible) recovery.

Damn—Wade, look after yourself! (I know you will!). Take it easy and leave the heavy lifting to others.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil

Take care Wade. So you are on anti-coagulant?

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Take care Wade. So you are on anti-coagulant?
Yep, was on heavy IV blood thinners for several days, and have switched to heavy oral. Breathing easier but they stated the clots will take time to dissolve. I was actually lucky I had a pretty strong heart that handled the stress of the lung clots. Avoided cardiac arrest.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I'll be participating. Can we share photos made this month with our zoom lenses elsewhere in the cafe? I'm going to focus on mainly using my primes, but can't guarantee I won't take a few shots with my zooms especially since I just got my Z50 with the kit lens and I'm still trying it out.
Terri, if I understand your question right, the answer will be - everywhere…
But, please, feel free to post here. Primes would be preferrable, but we're glad about everyone who joins.

Come on board
Klaus

Get well soon!

Yep, was on heavy IV blood thinners for several days, and have switched to heavy oral. Breathing easier but they stated the clots will take time to dissolve. I was actually lucky I had a pretty strong heart that handled the stress of the lung clots. Avoided cardiac arrest.
Wade take care, get your rest and heal strong!

Can't' wait to see your photos because I am considering purchasing this lens (if they ever come back in stock).
If you like the focal length, go for it. A very good lens!

Oh, and:
People were allowed to use other lenses, of course. Esp. these working with their gear to make a living. Feel free to post that work in according threads and posts, but: In your OF thread, it's the lens(-es) declared. And only so.

My decision:
No MF. No adapted lenses. I have
to chose from. As Phil went 85, Nick and Terri 50, and with quite some non-Z 35 lenses in the OF already, that leaves me with...

Nikkor Z 24mm 1/1.8 S

I suck at wide angle photography. It's a lens I really want to learn, and angle I got to get better at. OK documentary, difficult to really plan and compose a shot with so many things in the frame. I too often ended up cropping.

I want to improve during this upcoming month. Looking forward...

(no aliens, I promise.)

Will give it a go, but being stuck at home may be a right challenge.
Nikon D700 with prime 50mm 1.8 e series and if conditions permit, holga 60mm f8 plastic lens.

Will give it a go, but being stuck at home may be a right challenge.
Nikon D700 with prime 50mm 1.8 e series and if conditions permit, holga 60mm f8 plastic lens.
Hope you can get out a little bit in October.
I have the 50 1.8 Ai-S. When it is set to infinity, it looks like a fat body cap on my D850! Fun walk around lens.

Latest threads

Top Bottom