2020 Octoberfest - Terri - Player - 50 f1.8 S, 35 f1.8 DX lens, 105 f2.8 Macro - October 26 added

Silver Efex has always been my go-to monochrome converter. I got it many years ago and am hesitant to update to the latest Nik plugins as I rarely, if ever, used the other modules and dislike the idea that I have to pay for them. I have used other B&W converters within processing programs, but none give the level of control of Silver Efex.

I'm going to share two photos today. These are nothing special photgraphically, yet very special for personal reasons. Greg's siblings got together with their 100 year old mother this weekend. At least I didn't screw on up these. It was their idea to get one with the masks.

October 11

View attachment 1671758
View attachment 1671757
Wonderful shot and one for the photo album. She looks great for 100 years old!

We have been very busy with family the past couple of weeks so they have been my subject matter. I took the Z50 with the 35 f1.8 DX on the FTZ to a family activity last night. The adults were visiting when I noticed Rylee doing something bad.....Not too bad for her because she is so skinny. But I pulled out the camera and caught her in the act. Her brother in the background was probably wondering if there would be any left for him. (Testing out DeNoise and Silver EFEX for possible purchase.)

October 12

View attachment 1671852
Nice shot and interesting to hear about the processing (I haven't tried Silver EFEX or others).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great shot, great story!
Thank you, Nick!
Beautiful capture. Very nice.
Thank you, Phil!
Wonderful image ... what a smile!!

Big fan of SilverEfex!! I actually don't use many of the others very much. But for B&W conversions, I have never found an equal!!

Ken
Thank you, Ken! I think I will probably purchase it once the trial is over. I have never done B&W much but am trying to learn more, hence the thread I started about processing this shot. Seems like a lot of cafe members use Silver Efex.

Silver Efex has always been my go-to monochrome converter. I got it many years ago and am hesitant to update to the latest Nik plugins as I rarely, if ever, used the other modules and dislike the idea that I have to pay for them. I have used other B&W converters within processing programs, but none give the level of control of Silver Efex.
I wish you could be it as a stand alone application. I can't see myself using the others. Lightroom works well for me.
Wonderful shot and one for the photo album. She looks great for 100 years old!
She Is amazing. I think she will be around for a while longer.

Nice shot and interesting to hear about the processing (I haven't tried Silver EFEX or others).
I haven't used it much either. I have a lot to learn.
This should be the photo for a new ad for Breyers! The copy could say, "When a half gallon isn't quite enough or two..."
Funny!!
Nicely processed filter choice. The subject matter sums up much of 2020 for all of us!! 🤪
Yes it does. 2020 hasn't been good for my waistline!!

I hope I can keep this up all month. The weather has turned bad here. Winter is on it's way soon. I wanted to get out and shoot today, but the wind and chilly weather was just not too enticing. So, I shot the pumpkins on my front porch. I bought them at the pumpkin patch. The pink, bumpy one was just too interesting to pass up.

October 13

DSC_1684.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
I hope I can keep this up all month. The weather has turned bad here. Winter is on it's way soon. I wanted to get out and shoot today, but the wind and chilly weather was just not too enticing. So, I shot the pumpkins on my front porch. I bought them at the pumpkin patch. The pink, bumpy one was just too interesting to pass up.

October 13

View attachment 1671977
The ones with warts are my daughter's favorites. She has one she calls Jordi LeGorge (after the Star Trek Next Generation character Jordi LeForge).

It's a beautiful, crisp afternoon. Perfect for a walk. Sure wish UPRR would move these cars out of storage near my home. They've been here since Covid. Just one more change that has happened.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's a beautiful, crisp afternoon. Perfect for a walk. Sure wish UPRR would move these cars out of storage near my home. They've been here since Covid. Just one more change that has happened.

View attachment 1672050
I love train photos but maybe not when they’re parked in my backyard! Just zooming into the the photo to make sure there are no “Terri tags” on those grain cars!

Wow, that is very sharp for 1.8!
I've been impressed with how sharp the 35 f1.8 dx lens is on the Z50. I've been thinking of getting the 35 f1.8 S lens for the Z6 and Z50, but this inexpensive lens that I have has been very good and is making my decision harder. Of course, I am not using it on the Z6, though.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom