2020 Octoberfest - Terri - Player - 50 f1.8 S, 35 f1.8 DX lens, 105 f2.8 Macro - October 26 added

12 - fun shot, and Breyer's! :D

13 - that is a seriously cool punkin, nice capture.

14 - "sign of the times" shot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
October 15

Colorful fall. We had a killing frost last night. A lot of the colors are gone, but these leaves are holding on. Not sure that my composition works, but I was trying to show the contrast between the reds, greens and golds with a little blue on the edge.
DSC_1796.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

October 16

I will admit, I took this photo on the 15th. Tomorrow will be busy so I am posting now. When I was out walking today I noticed the red stems on these plants and though they would make a nice photo. The Z50 is so small that I don't mind carrying it on my daily walks.

DSC_1774-Edit-Edit.jpg

I'm going to share two photos. I remember last spring when the lockdown started I felt so sad hearing the buses go by on the last day that school was to be open. I wondered when it would be starting up again. When school started here this fall I was so happy to see the buses driving through my neighborhood. I sure hope school can continue uninterrupted for the kids this year, although Idaho's numbers are rising and the hospitals are struggling a bit. Each day I see a bus I feel grateful that my grandkids are able to go to school.

Last edited:
Teri. the 35 1.8 S is very nice for close up shots on the Z bodies. It very versatile. You are getting very good bokeh as in the first image. The neighborhood looks like ours here in the east - nice colors, school bus and trash bins on Thursday!

Teri. the 35 1.8 S is very nice for close up shots on the Z bodies. It very versatile. You are getting very good bokeh as in the first image. The neighborhood looks like ours here in the east - nice colors, school bus and trash bins on Thursday!
Thank you John. This isn't the 35 S. This is the 35 f1.8 DX on an FTZ. I have been so happy with how well it is working on my Z50. But I have been tempted to buy the 35 S lens so I could use it on my Z6 as well as the Z50. If you got away from my street, you wouldn't think the area looks like yours. We live in a desert. Trees take a lot of work and watering to grow well here.

Nice, colors really are outstanding. Red in the vines and the silver grey of the chain link fence just look spot on, Also like the bit of 3d feel on the vine image. The school bus and yellow leaves against the blue skies remind me a bit of fall up North. We get a change in seasons here in Atlanta but haven't had the vibrant colors in several years. Looks like a wind farm on the barren hills in the upper left. A much more open or big sky feel than here in the SE.

Nice, colors really are outstanding. Red in the vines and the silver grey of the chain link fence just look spot on, Also like the bit of 3d feel on the vine image. The school bus and yellow leaves against the blue skies remind me a bit of fall up North. We get a change in seasons here in Atlanta but haven't had the vibrant colors in several years. Looks like a wind farm on the barren hills in the upper left. A much more open or big sky feel than here in the SE.
Thanks, John. I used the Pro Contrast filter in Color Efex. It really makes a difference. The help you gave me is going to help me in so many ways. There is a wind farm nearby. I need to get up there and photograph it again.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom