2020 Octoberfest - Terri - Player - 50 f1.8 S, 35 f1.8 DX lens, 105 f2.8 Macro - October 31 added

Real Name
Paul
October 16

I will admit, I took this photo on the 15th. Tomorrow will be busy so I am posting now. When I was out walking today I noticed the red stems on these plants and though they would make a nice photo. The Z50 is so small that I don't mind carrying it on my daily walks.

View attachment 1672108

I'm going to share two photos. I remember last spring when the lockdown started I felt so sad hearing the buses go by on the last day that school was to be open. I wondered when it would be starting up again. When school started here this fall I was so happy to see the buses driving through my neighborhood. I sure hope school can continue uninterrupted for the kids this year, although Idaho's numbers are rising and the hospitals are struggling a bit. Each day I see a bus I feel grateful that my grandkids are able to go to school.

View attachment 1672109
I like the close up with sharp definition of the vines and the creamy background. It is nice to see things slowing getting back to more normal life.

Real Name
Andy
So, I shot the pumpkins on my front porch.
I love this abstraction!
Sure wish UPRR would move these cars out of storage near my home.
Sometimes the unsightly makes a good photograph - as it does here.
A lot of the colors are gone, but these leaves are holding on.
Perfectly captured.
the red stems on these plants and though they would make a nice photo.
Each day I see a bus I feel grateful that my grandkids are able to go to school.
These are the cues of normalcy. Or at least the new normal. The mood shines through in these.

I'm still playing with Silver Efex Pro. I've had some great help from forum members. One person even processed an image for me, sent me detailed instructions as well as the psd file so I could see how he managed the layers. It was most helpful. I exported this image from Lightroom to Photoshop and used Color Efex Pro and Silver Efex to come up with this black and white. I still have a lot to learn, but also feel that I have learned a lot in the past few days in my understanding of how to use the software.

My grandsons were here last night. Bridger (with the missing tooth) turns 6 today so there will probably be a birthday shot of him tomorrow.

October 17
_DSC5855-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Another very nice photo. B&W processing is fun and I also want to learn more.

Real Name
Paul
I'm still playing with Silver Efex Pro. I've had some great help from forum members. One person even processed an image for me, sent me detailed instructions as well as the psd file so I could see how he managed the layers. It was most helpful. I exported this image from Lightroom to Photoshop and used Color Efex Pro and Silver Efex to come up with this black and white. I still have a lot to learn, but also feel that I have learned a lot in the past few days in my understanding of how to use the software.

My grandsons were here last night. Bridger (with the missing tooth) turns 6 today so there will probably be a birthday shot of him tomorrow.

October 17
View attachment 1672194
Great shot, and the B&W work came out well!

Saturday's (I post my photos the next day) big event was Bridger's sixth birthday party. He is just the sweetest, most fun loving little guy. His excitement level was over the top yesterday. The eye autofocus on the Z6 worked so well to capture the candle blowing! I just had to get one each of the big breath in and the exhale.

October 18

_DSC5895-Edit.jpg
_DSC5896-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul
Saturday's (I post my photos the next day) big event was Bridger's sixth birthday party. He is just the sweetest, most fun loving little guy. His excitement level was over the top yesterday. The eye autofocus on the Z6 worked so well to capture the candle blowing! I just had to get one each of the big breath in and the exhale.

October 18

View attachment 1672278 View attachment 1672279
Absolutely wonderful shots Terri!

We enjoyed being out in the woods along the Snake River yesterday. I saw this red leaf on the ground, on top of all the yellow. I didn't see any bushes nearby with red leaves, so I'm assuming the heavy winds we've been having carried it here.

October 19

_DSC5908.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom