2020 Octoberfest - Terri - Player - 50 f1.8 S, 35 f1.8 DX lens, 105 f2.8 Macro - October 31 added

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
October 25

I'm playing around with software this afternoon. I've been trying out DXO PL-4. I tried to accomplish something in it that took me a long time. I did the same thing in Lightroom in a couple of minutes. I am thinking I should stick with what I know and have experience with. This is way out of my normal editing routine, but I figured that the meme is a good place to throw caution to the wind!!

Edited in Lightroom

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Andy
I'm playing around with software this afternoon. I've been trying out DXO PL-4. I tried to accomplish something in it that took me a long time. I did the same thing in Lightroom in a couple of minutes. I am thinking I should stick with what I know and have experience with. This is way out of my normal editing routine, but I figured that the meme is a good place to throw caution to the wind!!

Edited in Lightroom
Very appealing result. The pumpkin in the background looks ghostly and warm while the subject pumpkin looks stark and cold. I think credit goes to both your lighting design and the post processing. Nice work.

Very appealing result. The pumpkin in the background looks ghostly and warm while the subject pumpkin looks stark and cold. I think credit goes to both your lighting design and the post processing. Nice work.
Thanks, Andy. I had fun playing around with the camera, window light, and the computer.

October 25

Edited in Lightroom

View attachment 1672827
I like the mood set by the shot and processing. Nicely done.

Oct 26....only a few more days!!

What a difference a couple of weeks makes. It was 20 degrees F at noon today here. I braved the cold and got a shot. I didn't rearrange any leaves. I thought I would let nature make a composition. My idea was that maybe the eyes would be drawn around the image in a circular fashion. I have decided that the best part of the meme is that I have made some new friends on the cafe!! I've enjoyed getting to know those of you who have done this better through your photos.

_DSC6208-Edit.jpg

You recent two photos are superb. Lighting on the pumpkins is textbook. The texture of the snow shows the granule detail and at the same time the detail in the leaves. Shooting straight down can be difficult with lighting and shadows. Very well executed.

Real Name
Ken St John
Oct 26....only a few more days!!

What a difference a couple of weeks makes. It was 20 degrees F at noon today here. I braved the cold and got a shot. I didn't rearrange any leaves. I thought I would let nature make a composition. My idea was that maybe the eyes would be drawn around the image in a circular fashion. I have decided that the best part of the meme is that I have made some new friends on the cafe!! I've enjoyed getting to know those of you who have done this better through your photos.

View attachment 1672901
Getting caught up ... although your images of your family and the bread are wonderful, I am really liking your composition and use of light on the leaves. This one, in particular, is stunning!! Exposure on snow is often a challenge and you're spot on. Well done!!

Ken

Getting caught up ... although your images of your family and the bread are wonderful, I am really liking your composition and use of light on the leaves. This one, in particular, is stunning!! Exposure on snow is often a challenge and you're spot on. Well done!!

Ken
Thank you, Ken. Mostly just luck and a good camera.

You recent two photos are superb. Lighting on the pumpkins is textbook. The texture of the snow shows the granule detail and at the same time the detail in the leaves. Shooting straight down can be difficult with lighting and shadows. Very well executed.
Thank you, I'm glad you think I did a good job.

October 27

A photo of a prized possession of mine....a book of sewing samples my great grandmother made while a student in college.

DSC_2026.jpg

I'm going to add one extra photo in case anyone here has any information that they can share. My great grandmother died when my grandmother was nine. Grandma came from Kansas to Idaho and lived in a children's home. So, she didn't know much about her mother. Luckily she had this sewing book in her possession as well as some photos. We have done a lot of research to find out more about Mattie H. Willard. She was married and lived in Kansas so we assume K.S.A.C. is Kansas State Agricultural College. If anyone knows anything else about that I would love to hear what you know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom