2020 Octoberfest - Terri - Player - 50 f1.8 S, 35 f1.8 DX lens, 105 f2.8 Macro - October 31 added

Nice work with the leaves, did you use a polarizer? Also a very niice b&w conversion of Bridger, liking the subtle skin tones your bringing out especially in the slight shadow areas (under neath his cheeks and sides of forehead.)

Nice work with the leaves, did you use a polarizer? Also a very niice b&w conversion of Bridger, liking the subtle skin tones your bringing out especially in the slight shadow areas (under neath his cheeks and sides of forehead.)
No polarizer. Thank you for your comments on my B&W conversion. You have helped me so much!!

Glad you got to see the TV show. Yeah, sad. But It was encouraging to see a younger generation to enter the field.
Colors here are OK, not great. I think the dry warm weather in September had an affect. Plants are not as well synchronized. Some just lost their leaves and called it quits. Some, like burning bush, were great. Maples are just losing their green. But it's cooler now, we've had some rain and it is refreshing to be out. Though we have snow and couple of nights in the teens for this weekend. I love winter, but it's too early.

Glad you got to see the TV show. Yeah, sad. But It was encouraging to see a younger generation to enter the field.
Colors here are OK, not great. I think the dry warm weather in September had an affect. Plants are not as well synchronized. Some just lost their leaves and called it quits. Some, like burning bush, were great. Maples are just losing their green. But it's cooler now, we've had some rain and it is refreshing to be out. Though we have snow and couple of nights in the teens for this weekend. I love winter, but it's too early.
We have the same extended forecast....:(

Oct. 20

I'm a little under the weather today so I'll have to post process one from a couple of days ago and use it for my shoot today.

_DSC5852-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

October 21

My daughter asked me to come and take some family photos of their family last night. Doing formal portraiture is something I don't feel real comfortable with. I wasn't feeling 100% but showed up anyway. They live in a beautiful location along the snake river. It was cloudy, which was great, but the wind was howling. She wanted a head shot of each of the kids, so I used the 105 f2.8 for that. I have been considering purchasing the 85 f1.8 S lens, but now I'm not sure. The 105 did a nice job. Of course, my first edit was of the littlest angel!

_DSC6099-Edit 2.jpg

Here is one of the family I took with the 105.

_DSC6118-Edit 2.jpg

Last edited:
October 21

My daughter asked me to come and take some family photos of their family last night. Doing formal portraiture is something I don't feel real comfortable with. I wasn't feeling 100% but showed up anyway. They live in a beautiful location along the snake river. It was cloudy, which was great, but the wind was howling. She wanted a head shot of each of the kids, so I used the 105 f2.8 for that. I have been considering purchasing the 85 f1.8 S lens, but now I'm not sure. The 105 did a nice job. Of course, my first edit was of the littlest angel!

Here is one of the family I took with the 105.

Wonderful job, Terri. I really like your choice of background.

Wonderful job, Terri. I really like your choice of background.
Wow wow. Really impressive and beautiful.
Thank you. I wasn't feeling too confident about my ability to do this. You guys are helping me to feel better about what I did. I think that fall in their yard will be a favorite family location for photos. They moved to this place a couple of months ago.

Latest threads

Top Bottom