2020 Octoberfest - Terri - Player - 50 f1.8 S, 35 f1.8 DX lens, 105 f2.8 Macro - October 31 added

Real Name
Paul
October 27

A photo of a prized possession of mine....a book of sewing samples my great grandmother made while a student in college.

View attachment 1672960

I'm going to add one extra photo in case anyone here has any information that they can share. My great grandmother died when my grandmother was nine. Grandma came from Kansas to Idaho and lived in a children's home. So, she didn't know much about her mother. Luckily she had this sewing book in her possession as well as some photos. We have done a lot of research to find out more about Mattie H. Willard. She was married and lived in Kansas so we assume K.S.A.C. is Kansas State Agricultural College. If anyone knows anything else about that I would love to hear what you know.

View attachment 1672961
Quite the keepsake!

What a great heirloom. Love that fabulous cursive handwriting— sad that many schools don't teach that anymore, as they don't teach sewing either.

Catalyst (Eric) would know about KSAC, he taught at K State.

I see where you get your attention to detail from :)

What a great heirloom. Love that fabulous cursive handwriting— sad that many schools don't teach that anymore, as they don't teach sewing either.

Catalyst (Eric) would know about KSAC, he taught at K State.

I see where you get your attention to detail from :)
Thanks, Nick. I agree that her handwriting is beautiful. My grandma was meticulous in her sewing as well. Maybe I'll get a photo of some of her handiwork before the week ends. I'll have to see if Eric would know how I could see if Kansas State might have some old records of Mattie. Genealogy has been a hobby off and on during my life. I've been thinking that this winter, when photography is slow, I might pick it up again.

That is amazing your great grandmother's possessions are preserved and now digitally preserved. How proud you and the family to have those cherished items.
I guess I should take photos of all the pages. There are some really amazing samples of all sorts of sewing techniques. My favorite is the darning. Now, that's a lost art.

October 28

Look at my pumpkin, Grandma!!
DSC_2033-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

October 28

Look at my pumpkin, Grandma!!

Another excellent one, Terri. Your grandkids are a constant source of joy, I'm sure.

Going back a few days, I enjoyed your photo of the pumpkins and was interested to see that you used your 50/1.8S on your Z50. I've been wanting to try that combo but haven't actually done so yet.

Another excellent one, Terri. Your grandkids are a constant source of joy, I'm sure.

Going back a few days, I enjoyed your photo of the pumpkins and was interested to see that you used your 50/1.8S on your Z50. I've been wanting to try that combo but haven't actually done so yet.
I haven't used it too much yet because I leave it in the bag with my Z6. I've pretty much left the 35 f1.8 dx lens with the ftz on my Z50 this month so I can use it for the meme.

October 29

Most days I'm trying to learn something by doing this meme. Today I played with the new color grading feature in lightroom to post process this one. We don't have many leaves left, but this rose bush has a few.
DSC_2019-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom