Critique 2020 Oktoberfest - Kry27 - Hardcore - Nikkor Z 24mm 1:1.8 S - Day 31

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
The letters are on my alarm clock. That's next to my bed.

Instead of numbers, the time appears in written form, in intervalls of five minutes. It would say things like "five past noon", "twenty to seven", "midnight", "ten to eleven" and the like. It knows special terms like noon, midnight, quarters, and at the full hours says "five o'clock" instead of just five.

Single minutes between the intervalls are shown by small dots in the corners - zero, one... four.

The letters are printed on a glass sheat and are always there, the actual time is illuminated. Sheets can be chanhed to other materials also, and to other languages.

I've seen this in the window display at the local jeweller and watch seller... and nerdy as it is, lined it from day 1. Got one for birthday then - that was years ago already. Still going strong :)

Beautiful images:
https://qlocktwo.com/eu/qlocktwo-touch?___from_store=de

And they not only make alarm clocks, but also very big versions to hang on a wall. Horrendously expensive, though:
https://qlocktwo.com/eu/qlocktwo-large
Beautiful designs..... but quite expensive.

Octoberfest 2020 - Day 15
Wheels, wheeler, the wheelest... :)

OF2020-15.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Paul
Back home just in time...

Octoberfest 2020 - Day 16
Break off

View attachment 1672157
Nice shot, and nice table. I’ve never played snooker. Only American billiards, and a long time ago. My dad got a Brunswick regulation slate table, used from a billiard parlor and restored in. We played as kids, and my mom used it as a table for laying out patterns for sewing.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Very nice. We used to play snooker after school. that was a long long time ago, of course.

My wife grew up with a pool table in her basement (there is some family talk about her dad building the house around the table). In the 40ish years we've been together I have yet to beat her at pool—and she is a lefty who shots very strangely.
Maybe it's the wine?

Latest threads

Top Bottom