Share 2020 - Spring meme - Day 1 (May 1st)

I'm shooting with my D850 and 16-35 f/4.0. It may be the first use this camera has seen since I got my Z6. Spring has sprung, so I went overboard around the back yard. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get out of town.

1. We have a great stand of silver dollar weed, a biennial that flowers every 2 years. Should be in bloom for 2-3 more weeks.
View attachment 1660468

2. The English Walnut above it has not begun to leaf out, so it is always well lit.
View attachment 1660469

3. Unknown bulb, shows up every year at this time.
View attachment 1660470

4. Mr. Resilient—can't get rid of them so we may as well enjoy them :rolleyes:
View attachment 1660471

5. Planted some hops in wine barrel halves several years ago to serve as a screen for the patio. These sprouted on time (April15) and are now over 18" tall!
View attachment 1660472

6. Ornamental grass loves the sun.
View attachment 1660473

7. A sure sign of spring—my wife mowing the yard :love:
View attachment 1660474
Wonderful to see your garden, Nick. Stay out keep shooting, looking forward!

2580 downtown, so we'd be about 2800. We had a warmer than normal March and April, but most of the plants are on schedule, except the lawn, which is about 2-3 weeks early.
That is the same ballpark as here: 2100 downtown, 2650 here at our house. But April has been quite cool and the trend looks to continue for two more weeks, at least.

Still hanging around waiting for a delivery, hopefully can get out the next two days. Typical spring colors off the balcony - bright yellow blooms (and pollen, yay!), bright green shoots, and blue skies.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm in, using my often neglected 85/1.4 - a terrific lens, but unused because I normally don't shoot people. We're so fortunate out here to have unfiltered irrigation water flowing down from the Grand Mesa into our gardens, etc. The perennials and the young Hawthorn tree that we'd planted almost a year ago are appreciative, as am I.

2 more from the trip

2 more great shots, Phil. Completely changes my perception of Hong Kong!
Yes Nick, most people think that HK is a densely packed concrete jungle. In fact, only 25% of land is developed commercial and residential area and 40% is country park, with the remaining 35% agricultural or sub-rural area.

Real Name
Chris
I remembered this meme at the last minute, and all I had was my iPad, so that's what I used, on an almost asleep 3 year old:

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Emma says "Hello Balloon"...

Wait, wait - got you - nope...

But now!

Enjoy
Klaus

I'm in, using my often neglected 85/1.4 - a terrific lens, but unused because I normally don't shoot people. We're so fortunate out here to have unfiltered irrigation water flowing down from the Grand Mesa into our gardens, etc. The perennials and the young Hawthorn tree that we'd planted almost a year ago are appreciative, as am I.

View attachment 1660507

View attachment 1660508

View attachment 1660509
Nice set! I'm the same way, not shooting people very much, so I don't get as much use of the 85mm I have.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom