Share 2020 - Spring meme - Day 4 (May 4th)

I believe that Klaus intended this meme to run for a week, so here goes . . .

The Hawthorn tree that we planted out front last Fall is now in full-blown blooming glory. I've never had one before, so I didn't know what to expect.

Hawthorn 2673.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And, one certain sign of Spring is the re-emergence of these beloved (?) mechanical perennials . . .

Spring perennial.jpg

I wasn't sure either about the duration. If it is for a week, here is a day 4 shot...

Cloudy and rainy today, so I didn't have much time to walk around the neighborhood, let alone go elsewhere. Saw these in a neighbor's yard.

I wish I'd thought about the week ahead when I went this morning, didnl;t have my 16-35, but I will post a shot made by a sister lens!

1. Look at the jaws on that carnivorous worm!

Rabbit027_DxO.jpg

2. Sorting out the little stuff.

Rabbit042_DxO.jpg

3. I trespassed onto a neighboring property and captured this of a "home made" racing "bike". Spring would be the season to hose it off and cruise the Palouse.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wish I'd thought about the week ahead when I went this morning, didnl;t have my 16-35, but I will post a shot made by a sister lens!

1. Look at the jaws on that carnivorous worm!

View attachment 1660766

2. Sorting out the little stuff.

View attachment 1660767

3. I trespassed onto a neighboring property and captured this of a "home made" racing "bike". Spring would be the season to hose it off and cruise the Palouse.
View attachment 1660768
I'd love to see that vehicle on the road! Your 1st two reminded me of the days when I was doing similar stuff with kids as a docent at the Konza Prairie Biological Research Station. https://keep.konza.k-state.edu

I was also wondering about the duration and glad that it's not yet ended. It was very hot and a cold nd juicy fruit was most welcomed. It's a Shizuoka melon from Japan which is insanely delicious and insanely expensive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was also wondering about the duration and glad that it's not yet ended. It was very hot and a cold nd juicy fruit was most welcomed. It's a Shizuoka melon from Japan which is insanely delicious and insanely expensive.

View attachment 1660774

View attachment 1660775
Several years ago, when I visited my son who was teaching in Shikoku in the JET program, we were treated to one of those an accompaniment. Amazingly good!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom