Share 2020 - Summer-Weekend-Meme - Day 2 (August 22st)

Yesterday was hectic, with me reviewing my retirement package offer and meetings with financial advisors. Sorry, I didn't get to shoot at all, even with the day off.

Today, still busy, but my daughter, her beau, and my grandson, took me out for ice cream and a short walk at a nearby lake.

Decayed Tree...
View attachment 1668329

We bare got started walking, before Theo was captivated by the gate that prevent snow mobiles from riding on the path in the Winter...

Mom! I'm Tall Enough For This Amusement Ride...
View attachment 1668330
Theo was captivated by the spinning plastic pipe on the bar.

Another 20 feet and there was another interesting attraction...

Rocks and Dirt...
View attachment 1668331
Nice photos! Hope it gave you a little relief from the stress to get out and enjoy life for a little while.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yesterday was hectic, with me reviewing my retirement package offer and meetings with financial advisors. Sorry, I didn't get to shoot at all, even with the day off.

Today, still busy, but my daughter, her beau, and my grandson, took me out for ice cream and a short walk at a nearby lake.

Decayed Tree...
View attachment 1668329

We bare got started walking, before Theo was captivated by the gate that prevent snow mobiles from riding on the path in the Winter...

View attachment 1668330

Rocks and Dirt...
View attachment 1668331
Grandchildren - the best that could happen to us.
Theo is a cutie, Paul.

Kind regards
Klaus

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
A little hard to see the promonade, Klaus. But the light is fascinating..... are those seashells and sand at the bottom? And it looks like an ordinary glass jar? Is the light source sold separately, or is it homemade?
It is homemade Harry.
A little sand at the bottom, added the shells and glued a LED-light to the cover - that's all...

The promenade was dark, but after a very hot and sweating day, it was all I could do :notworthy: :sick: :sleep:

Kind regards
Klaus

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Late August up here is melon time. And lacking any kids to help devour a water melon or to lose to in a seed spitting competition, I give you a tame, 2 retirees at home version.

1. From the farmer's market this morning, from our favorite farm family from Royal City, WA.
View attachment 1668354

2. Off with y'er 'ead!

View attachment 1668355
3. Sliced and diced and turned over to me to shoot.
View attachment 1668356

4. Reflections for Mike/abstractions for Connie

View attachment 1668358
What? Not marinated with wine?
Great pictures
Klaus

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Ok. I bet this is something that no one else on the cafe did this weekend. Our daughter and their family just bought a four year old home on the Snake River in a rural community a half hour south of where I live. There is an island in the river behind their property and a slow moving shallow side channel runs along their property. They moved in a couple of weeks ago and hosted a house warming party for the family tonight. Their house is on a hill with 3 1/2 acres of property. It was the perfect place to set up their foam machine. The wide angle lens didn't capture the best photos of the kids, but it did capture the setup. (PS....they have big plans for this place. It will be a favorite family gathering area!! I'll be sharing some of the closups of the kids later. As the night wore on the bubbles got deeper and deeper.)View attachment 1668360View attachment 1668361View attachment 1668362View attachment 1668363
You've got it Terri!
The best action shots of the whole weekend...

Kind regards
Klaus

Late August up here is melon time. And lacking any kids to help devour a water melon or to lose to in a seed spitting competition, I give you a tame, 2 retirees at home version.

1. From the farmer's market this morning, from our favorite farm family from Royal City, WA.
View attachment 1668354

2. Off with y'er 'ead!

View attachment 1668355
3. Sliced and diced and turned over to me to shoot.
View attachment 1668356

4. Reflections for Mike/abstractions for Connie

View attachment 1668358
Nice set. I like the reflection On the last shot.

Ok. I bet this is something that no one else on the cafe did this weekend. Our daughter and their family just bought a four year old home on the Snake River in a rural community a half hour south of where I live. There is an island in the river behind their property and a slow moving shallow side channel runs along their property. They moved in a couple of weeks ago and hosted a house warming party for the family tonight. Their house is on a hill with 3 1/2 acres of property. It was the perfect place to set up their foam machine. The wide angle lens didn't capture the best photos of the kids, but it did capture the setup. (PS....they have big plans for this place. It will be a favorite family gathering area!! I'll be sharing some of the closups of the kids later. As the night wore on the bubbles got deeper and deeper.)View attachment 1668360View attachment 1668361View attachment 1668362View attachment 1668363
Cool! I’ve hear of slip and slide, and people putting plastic down with water running, but never saw something with foam.

Decayed Tree...
View attachment 1668329

View attachment 1668330

Rocks and Dirt...
View attachment 1668331
Oh, nice. I can feel with you. For three reasons:
1. our apple tree might die sooner than later :(
2. planning retirement is never easy (not speaking of my retirement, thats more than 20yrs ahead. But I help people oit with that for free. As I work as a pension fund expert, I should know what to say...)
3. You walked 60 feet? So looong ;) A short walk takes ages with a 2yr old exploring the world. But it is such a good experience to slow down, take a break, and see the world through a child's eyes as often as you can!

I was not able to take a single shot on Saturday. I spent the day teaching people in pension fund stuff (university of applied science).
I went there early morning, packed up with stuff, an umbrella... by public transport, wearing a mask... and no hands free and no room to carry a camera :(

I got 3rd Day shots :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom