Share 2020 - Summer-Weekend-Meme - Day 2 (August 22st)

Summer Meme - Day 2

I may post later today as well, but I spent a good bit of time today listening to music (some of you know I'm an audiophile). So since I had some previous experience with circles and wide-angle closeups, I thought it might be fun to suggest what a "useless" turntable might look like ..... one that only played "clamshell" discs. Again, the 24mm, not the 105mm as listed.

Day 2 - The "Clamshell" Disk Player

Summer Meme 2020 - Day 2 26.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We'll see what afternoon brings.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Langenargen in the evening

(1) The promenade
D3S_0002.JPG

(2) Table light
D3S_0003.JPG

Enjoy
Klaus

Real Name
Paul
Yesterday was hectic, with me reviewing my retirement package offer and meetings with financial advisors. Sorry, I didn't get to shoot at all, even with the day off.

Today, still busy, but my daughter, her beau, and my grandson, took me out for ice cream and a short walk at a nearby lake.

Decayed Tree...
meme-_DSC6881.jpg

We bare got started walking, before Theo was captivated by the gate that prevent snow mobiles from riding on the path in the Winter...

Mom! I'm Tall Enough For This Amusement Ride...
meme-_DSC6882.jpg

Theo was captivated by the spinning plastic pipe on the bar.

Another 20 feet and there was another interesting attraction...

Rocks and Dirt...
meme-_DSC6885.jpg

Langenargen in the evening

(1) The promenade

(2) Table light

Enjoy
Klaus
A little hard to see the promonade, Klaus. But the light is fascinating..... are those seashells and sand at the bottom? And it looks like an ordinary glass jar? Is the light source sold separately, or is it homemade?

Yesterday was hectic, with me reviewing my retirement package offer and meetings with financial advisors. Sorry, I didn't get to shoot at all, even with the day off.

Today, still busy, but my daughter, her beau, and my grandson, took me out for ice cream and a short walk at a nearby lake.

Decayed Tree...

We bare got started walking, before Theo was captivated by the gate that prevent snow mobiles from riding on the path in the Winter...

Mom! I'm Tall Enough For This Amusement Ride...

Theo was captivated by the spinning plastic pipe on the bar.

Another 20 feet and there was another interesting attraction...

Rocks and Dirt...
Good to see you here, Paul. Aren't kids wonderful ...... no need for plastic cars or trucks (not that they don't enjoy them as well) but they can almost entertain themselves given the opportunity. Glad you got a break.

Well, I said above "Let's see what the day brings." It brought a chance for a quick meal downtown at the Basketball Hall of Fame (think Wilt-the-Stilt, Michael Jordan, et al). So I planned it for some late sunshine. Hard to beat a nice shot and a good meal courtesy of same.

#1 The Hall of Fame as it presents itself to the highway
Summer Meme 2020 - Day 2 27.JPG

#2 Cafes attached along the side of the building
Summer Meme 2020 - Day 2 28.JPG

All in all, a plesant finish to a nice summer day.

Late August up here is melon time. And lacking any kids to help devour a water melon or to lose to in a seed spitting competition, I give you a tame, 2 retirees at home version.

1. From the farmer's market this morning, from our favorite farm family from Royal City, WA.
summer089_DxO.jpg

2. Off with y'er 'ead!

summer096_DxO.jpg

3. Sliced and diced and turned over to me to shoot.
summer103_DxO.jpg

4. Reflections for Mike/abstractions for Connie

summer107_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. I bet this is something that no one else on the cafe did this weekend. Our daughter and their family just bought a four year old home on the Snake River in a rural community a half hour south of where I live. There is an island in the river behind their property and a slow moving shallow side channel runs along their property. They moved in a couple of weeks ago and hosted a house warming party for the family tonight. Their house is on a hill with 3 1/2 acres of property. It was the perfect place to set up their foam machine. The wide angle lens didn't capture the best photos of the kids, but it did capture the setup. (PS....they have big plans for this place. It will be a favorite family gathering area!! I'll be sharing some of the closups of the kids later. As the night wore on the bubbles got deeper and deeper.)
_DSC3530.jpg
_DSC3533.jpg
_DSC3536.jpg
_DSC3537.jpg

Late August up here is melon time. And lacking any kids to help devour a water melon or to lose to in a seed spitting competition, I give you a tame, 2 retirees at home version.

1. From the farmer's market this morning, our favorite family from Royal City, WA.

2. Off with y'er 'ead!

Good looking melon. Bet it tasted delicious!

Ok. I bet this is something that no one else on the cafe did this weekend. Our daughter and their family just bought a four year old home on the Snake River in a rural community a half hour south of where I live. There is an island in the river behind their property and a slow moving shallow side channel runs along their property. They moved in a couple of weeks ago and hosted a house warming party for the family tonight. Their house is on a hill with 3 1/2 acres of property. It was the perfect place to set up their foam machine. The wide angle lens didn't capture the best photos of the kids, but it did capture the setup. (PS....they have big plans for this place. It will be a favorite family gathering area!! I'll be sharing some of the closups of the kids later. As the night wore on the bubbles got deeper and deeper.)
That setup practically guarantees the kids will be looking forward to family events each and every year until they are grown, and then they will reminisce about it for the rest of their lives.... "remember when ......."?

That setup practically guarantees the kids will be looking forward to family events each and every year until they are grown, and then they will reminisce about it for the rest of their lives.... "remember when ......."?
I think so, too!! When I was a kid my grandma let us put a lot of dish soap in the sink and blow bubbles with a straw to fill up the sink. I thought that was pretty fun and still think about it. This is so many magnitudes of fun above that I can't imagine what their grandkids will do that will top this....

1. From the farmer's market this morning, our favorite family from Royal City, WA.
View attachment 1668354

2. Off with y'er 'ead!

View attachment 1668355
View attachment 1668356

View attachment 1668358
These are so well shot, Nick!! I really love your patio!! Looks like you have some beautiful silverware, too!!

Well, I said above "Let's see what the day brings." It brought a chance for a quick meal downtown at the Basketball Hall of Fame (think Wilt-the-Stilt, Michael Jordan, et al). So I planned it for some late sunshine. Hard to beat a nice shot and a good meal courtesy of same.

#1 The Hall of Fame as it presents itself to the highway
View attachment 1668343

#2 Cafes attached along the side of the building
View attachment 1668344

All in all, a plesant finish to a nice summer day.
Looks like a good way to spend a summer day.

Latest threads

Top Bottom