Critique 2021 Octoberfest – acnomad (Andy) – Helios F-92 (90mm f/2) – Day 31

Real Name
Andy
Eeeeek! This guy is scary!! Perfect for Hallowe'en!

Your images throughout this Octoberfest have been really interesting and eye-catching, thought-provoking and sometimes just quite amazing, given the lens you have been using! Wow.....
Thanks, Connie. I’m glad you enjoyed the thread and truly appreciate your following and commenting.

Real Name
Andy
Nice capture of the statue. Yep, remember the show. And a whole bunch from back then. Good times.

Another cool fungus, very colorful.

Nice catch and play on titles.
Nice work with the stacking.

Nice-looking pup. Think the problem rendering was due to the properties of the lens?
Interesting shot of an interesting subject. Had not heard of whistling ducks until now, learned another thing. :)

30 - neat image but my immediate visceral reaction to anything with 8 legs is to reach for the flame-thrower. Except jumping spiders. For some odd reason they don't bother me.
Thanks for the time and effort to catch up and comment. Very much appreciated.

Regarding your question, @Walter was kind enough to review the original captures offline and it seems I did not overlap my frames enough to generate a believable looking Brenizer method image.

But most importantly, let’s get you back to full strength soon. Prayers for your rapid recovery.

Real Name
Andy
Very cool! I've really enjoyed your exceptional posts this month, and appreciated your comments during the challenge.
Thank you so much, Paul. Each time I found it difficult to execute a creative idea this month, I recalled your tour de force in last year’s Octoberfest with the alphabetical march through various New England towns.

Real Name
Paul
Thank you so much, Paul. Each time I found it difficult to execute a creative idea this month, I recalled your tour de force in last year’s Octoberfest with the alphabetical march through various New England towns.
Thanks! That was a tough Octoberfest, but enjoyable and I’m glad the effort was motivational. You did exceptional, in midst of the travel. I remember years ago, doing Octoberfest and having to travel international for a week and it was really hard to get shots daily. Props to you on the Challenge this year.

Real Name
Andy
Good Hallowe'en shot Andy. I've truly enjoyed your efforts with an unusual lens this month. So much so that I'll probably look around for something a bit different myself.
Thanks, Ron. I think you'd really enjoy experimenting with some vintage glass - it's not for everyone, certainly - but having seen your style, I think it might be up your alley.

Real Name
Andy
I've so enjoyed all your adventures this month with your unusual setup. How do you feel about the lens and do you anticipate using it much in the future?
Thank you, Terri. I really appreciate your thoughtful and kind remarks. I'm glad you found enjoyment in the photos. I truly had fun limiting myself to this particular lens for 31 days, even more so than the last two years' Octoberfests. I plan to start bringing the Helios to portrait sessions going forward to see if I can make bonus images worth including in client albums. I doubt I'll use it for most of the subject matter in this thread, though - it's just not the right tool for those jobs.

Latest threads

Top Bottom