Critique 2021 Octoberfest – acnomad (Andy) – Helios F-92 (90mm f/2) – Day 23

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
7. Liz "Take 2"
View attachment 1690586
Today was the end of our short trip to New York to see "Come from Away," a Tony award winning musical that lives up to the hype, and then some! This headshot was made in the window light, with a little help from a desk lamp in our 54th St. hotel room just before we departed the Big Apple.
8. A Somber But Beautiful Place
(Can you guess where?)
View attachment 1690694
Hint:
View attachment 1690695
9. A Puff and a Laugh
View attachment 1690727
Back in NYC for the day, but solo this time. I wandered Central Park, which is a busy place even on a weekday, and even more so on a pleasant Saturday. Still, there are spots to find a bit of personal space to enjoy.

Street photography is neither my strong suit nor is it particularly well suited to a fixed aperture f/2 lens, but from the right distance and by pretending to be fiddling with my camera, I was able to compose and focus on this candid moment.
All three images are fantastic, Andy! You've done a fine job with all of them!

Real Name
Andy
11. Waterfall
Octoberfest-11.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This afternoon, a quick hike in Glacier NP earned an opportunity to capture this image. I used a 3-stop ND and a polarizer with the camera resting on my backpack (didn't feel like carrying a tripod).

I've fallen a couple days behind viewing others' threads, but will catch up tomorrow.

11. Waterfall
View attachment 1690962
This afternoon, a quick hike in Glacier NP earned an opportunity to capture this image. I used a 3-stop ND and a polarizer with the camera resting on my backpack (didn't feel like carrying a tripod).

I've fallen a couple days behind viewing others' threads, but will catch up tomorrow.
Wonderful and classic, Andy! Well done - and you surely do get around with work, yet still have time to offer amazing shots!

11. Waterfall
View attachment 1690962

Wonderful shot! Great idea for a makeshift support for the camera.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
11. Waterfall
View attachment 1690962

Very well photographed, Andy.
And a wonderful location.

Kind regards
Klaus

Moon shot---love the blue hour sky. Makes for a very peaceful image.
Waterfall--Lucky you being in Glacier. Did you get snow from the recent storm in the west. Where is this waterfall located? I think you got the perfect amount of blur in the water.

Real Name
Andy
Heavenly! I tried for a shot like this just now, too much dust and haze.
The sky underneath, with its color, really adds to the whole thing.... Venus really does look close to the moon there -- wow!
As I opened it on my laptop, I said "Oooh", and then as I scrolled down through the rest, I said "Oooh, Oooh, Oooh!" I hope and suspect that you'll take this as a very positive response about it!
Beautiful!
Nice work Andy. You're getting lovely results from that lens. Making me think about Z7 too. Or even II.
Any Z body is a great tool for adapting old lenses.
Wonderful layers of darkness and a touch of clouds. Well done!
All three images are fantastic, Andy! You've done a fine job with all of them!
Very nice evening shot! Tough to process unless you are able to do a multi shop HDR which I tend to not like all that much.
10 - nice, that's not really an easy shot, love that you got some of the sky color as well.
Thanks, all!

Real Name
Andy
Another beautiful image. This lens has some magic in it.
Beautiful shot - nice work with the water.
This is beautiful! The contrast of the water with the surrounding rocks and the lighting of the whole thing -- just wonderful!
Beautiful image! Great motion capture.
Wonderful and classic, Andy! Well done - and you surely do get around with work, yet still have time to offer amazing shots!

You and that lens make great music together!
You are making that lens work for you! Awesome.

Wonderful shot! Great idea for a makeshift support for the camera.
Day 11 - the tight composition works with that slot through the boulders. Very nice.
Very well photographed, Andy.
And a wonderful location.

Kind regards
Klaus
Moon shot---love the blue hour sky. Makes for a very peaceful image.
Waterfall--Lucky you being in Glacier. Did you get snow from the recent storm in the west.
Thanks, all!
Where is this waterfall located? I think you got the perfect amount of blur in the water.
It's just 1/4 mile into the hike to Avalanche Lake. There was indeed snow at Glacier, so the Going-to-the-Sun road was closed beyond that trailhead. Needless to say, it was still well worth the 1-day car rental to do that hike.

Real Name
Andy
12. On Tap
Octoberfest-12.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In the dreary surroundings that lie between Newark Airport and Elizabeth, New Jersey there is a crop of airport hotels and this long-standing Anheuser-Busch building. On the days they are brewing, the aroma downwind is quite a pleasant change from the norm.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom