Critique 2021 Octoberfest – acnomad (Andy) – Helios F-92 (90mm f/2) – Day 31

Real Name
Andy
For the month of October 2021, I will use only this late 1970's lens...
Octoberfest-0.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

...which I obtained very inexpensively in 2019 from an eBayer located in Ukraine. It is unofficially known as the Helios F-92 90mm f/2. Harvested from a Leki 60M slide projector, it therefore has no lens mount, no focusing mechanism, no filter threads, and no diaphragm to stop down the aperture. I have solved three of those four limitations by cobbling together various parts in this manner:
Helios F-92 Frankenlens Assembly.jpg

Real Name
Andy
1. Cycling through Chevalier Woods
Octoberfest-1.jpg

As circumstance would have it, October 1st finds me at an airport hotel near ORD, quite close to my first Chicago apartment decades ago. I hope this photograph, captured with an old lens, succeeds in conveying how this Cook County Forest Preserve location hasn't changed much over the years.

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul
View attachment 1690084
As circumstance would have it, October 1st finds me at an airport hotel near ORD, quite close to my first Chicago apartment decades ago. I hope this photograph, captured with an old lens, succeeds in conveying how this Cook County Forest Preserve location hasn't changed much over the years.
Nicely done with the lens!

Love the shot - it looks soft, but not soft, nice tones. This, and the bucket shots, are beginnings of showing the lens' character. So far, I'm liking it.

View attachment 1690084
Love this start to your challenge!

Latest threads

Top Bottom