Critique 2021 Octoberfest – acnomad (Andy) – Helios F-92 (90mm f/2) – Day 31

12. On Tap
View attachment 1691052
In the dreary surroundings that lie between Newark Airport and Elizabeth, New Jersey there is a crop of airport hotels and this long-standing Anheuser-Busch building. On the days they are brewing, the aroma downwind is quite a pleasant change from the norm.
Hoping that they are uploading frequently. And yep, for sure - the odors in NJ could be worse than the Budweiser factory!

Day 10 - Very cool shot, like that I can see the portion of the moon in shade.
Day 11 - Nice tight shot of the waterfall. I think you have a perfect shutter speed showing the flow but keeping detail.
Day 12 - Nice image of a industrial site..BW just seems to work with these type of images.

Real Name
Andy
13. Home, at last...
Octoberfest-13.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This has felt like a long stint away from home, and it's good to be back. In my absence, my new 40 was delivered. Also while away I bought an old lens that I have always thought would be interesting. Looking forward to trying them both. Not sure if I'll be able to wait until November...

Congratulations on the new lens (and the new old lens, too!). What I've been doing during this time is shooting whatever it is I'm going to offer for this project, using one of the three lenses I chose and specified, and then after that I am free to pick up any of my other lenses (usually a macro or the 100-400mm) and do a little shooting with them as well.....best of both worlds!

13. Home, at last...
View attachment 1691113
This has felt like a long stint away from home, and it's good to be back. In my absence, my new 40 was delivered. Also while away I bought an old lens that I have always thought would be interesting. Looking forward to trying them both. Not sure if I'll be able to wait until November...
Wow! f/2! Can't wait to see what you might do with this, Andy!

Real Name
Andy
Will you get drunk by smelling?
Maybe!

Actually, probably not, because the fermentation only happens after the brewed mash is filtered and placed in containers. Still, an entertaining thought.
That waterfall photo is sheer perfection. It's simply outstanding. And hey...I've seen that AB building many times!
I was thinking of your image when I photographed it!

Real Name
Andy
Congratulations on the new lens (and the new old lens, too!). What I've been doing during this time is shooting whatever it is I'm going to offer for this project, using one of the three lenses I chose and specified, and then after that I am free to pick up any of my other lenses (usually a macro or the 100-400mm) and do a little shooting with them as well.....best of both worlds!
Wow! f/2! Can't wait to see what you might do with this, Andy!
I had planned to switch from the Helios to the new 40 when the latter arrived (and become “player”). Now, I’m considering continuing “hardcore” with a single lens like the last two years. Tough call…

Latest threads

Top Bottom