Critique 2021 Octoberfest – Gordo – X100F 23/2 – 16 Oct

Shooting exclusively with the X100F, and since I'm already doing a monochrome project with it I'll continue for Octoberfest. (Backup plan if something happens to the camera is an X-H1 + 90/2 combo.)

Declared as Player due to some medical stuff goings-on, but will shoot for Hardcore if possible.

edit - shots will most likely not SOOC, so expect post processing and cropping as needed.

edit 2 - always open to constructive commentary.

edit 3 - B&W will be the norm, but color will be in play once in a while.

Boring un-original gear shot:
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
For some reason, I thought this mundane shot of my old Taco came out better than the landscape in the bucket.
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Is that a Fuji color/BW profile? Crisp! Need to not look at those Fuji x shots as I am so tempted!

Partially. I've found that in order to bring out the details in the clouds I need to do some things at the time of the shot, and others in post.

I have the camera set to monochrome + R filter effect.

I center-weight meter off the bright spots of the clouds, exposure lock, recompose, focus and shoot.

Once in Fuji RFC, I adjust contrast to strongest, add some clarity and a slight increase in black level, then adjust shadows and exposure to better balance the image.

It's real easy to get too crispy/ cartoonish, but the fine details in the clouds start to disappear real quick once you decrease clarity. I have a starting point, but each shot has to be adjusted individually. Sometimes I think I still overdo the shots just a bit.

A Toyota is a taco? And a Fiat a fajita, then? Chevy a Quesadilla, Bimmers are Burgers ;) I need another beer.

Back to the image: you got lovely clouds, there. As well as in the bucket.

Almost. :D Taco shorthand for Tacoma, what they named the "small" pickup here in the US. Thanks Roland.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom