Critique 2021 Octoberfest – Gordo – X100F 23/2 – 16 Oct

Day 7 - Nice collection of trusted old companions, Love the patina on the Leatherman.
Day 8 - Also very different landscape from N.Ga. Would be hard pressed to see more couple 100 yds before being blocked by trees.
Day 9 - Self portrait remind me a bit of Friedlander's work.
Day 10 - Nice set of Gold toned tools. Use to carry something similar when I went to work everyday. Now since retired keep several flashlights in the car and my keyring hold a mini leatherman. Havent used a real pen in years.
Day 11 - We get the same response here, ambulance, fire truck, police and emrgency rescue whenever there is a issue.

I always get kinda spooked hearing sirens . . .

You and I both had unexpected great photo ops today, Gordon! I hope that the person for whom the assistance was summoned is OK or will be. For a while we had someone living in our building about whom we were all concerned and every time I heard sirens, especially if they were coming in to this community, I would immediately think of her. She eventually was taken off in an ambulance to the hospital after her daughter asked for a welfare check and from there went to a nursing home, never returning here. It was all very sad but at the same time I think several of us were greatly relieved because she was not in good health, either physical or mental, and really needed to be somewhere where she was with other people and not living all by herself, and where she could get the care she needed.

Anyway, nice shot! In this area a fire truck will also come to the scene when a medical emergency is called in, along with the ambulance.

Not the kind of excitement you want around the neighborhood. Hopefully they are OK. Nice capture though.

Nice capture. Hope that was not serious.

Day 7 - Nice collection of trusted old companions, Love the patina on the Leatherman.
Day 8 - Also very different landscape from N.Ga. Would be hard pressed to see more couple 100 yds before being blocked by trees.
Day 9 - Self portrait remind me a bit of Friedlander's work.
Day 10 - Nice set of Gold toned tools. Use to carry something similar when I went to work everyday. Now since retired keep several flashlights in the car and my keyring hold a mini leatherman. Havent used a real pen in years.
Day 11 - We get the same response here, ambulance, fire truck, police and emrgency rescue whenever there is a issue.

Nice BW scene, Gordo!

Thanks everyone.

Yeah, I hate hearing the sirens, especially living in apartments again. Over the decades moving around with the military I lived in many apartments and saw a lot of apartment fires. Luckily none affected me, unfortunately people were injured or killed in others.

Been busy with phone calls and paperwork for med stuff, plus errands and trying to get a photo for the day has been wearing me out. Haven't been keeping up with reviews. Will be catching up as I can.

Day 13

Made it to Kartchner Caverns State Park this morning. Picked up an annual pass and took a very short hike. My knees are still not liking uneven surfaces. Better, but not normal yet. Grabbed a few shots along the trail.

View into the Whetstone Mountains from the Foothills Trail.
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Been busy with phone calls and paperwork for med stuff, plus errands and trying to get a photo for the day has been wearing me out. Haven't been keeping up with reviews. Will be catching up as I can.

Day 13

Made it to Kartchner Caverns State Park this morning. Picked up an annual pass and took a very short hike. My knees are still not liking uneven surfaces. Better, but not normal yet. Grabbed a few shots along the trail.

View attachment 1691081
Looks like some beautiful mountains. Interesting B&W processing on the shot. Came out well.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade

Day 13

View attachment 1691081
You keep on chugging, I tell myself I have to move to lube. Hate lubrication though when my knees are screaming.

Day 13

View attachment 1691081
Lovely tones but think i’d keep to the path to avoid any slithering creatures.

Lovely tones and scene.

Thank you Nick.

Very nice composition, very nice scene!

Connie - thanks.

That's a place I'd enjoy hiking.

Thanks Eric - I think you'd probably enjoy it.

Looks like some beautiful mountains. Interesting B&W processing on the shot. Came out well.

Thanks Paul.

I like the B&W treatment.

Thank you Andy.

You keep on chugging, I tell myself I have to move to lube. Hate lubrication though when my knees are screaming.

Most definitely Wade. It's amazing how fast inactivity leads to increased joint stiffness and pain. Gotta keep moving to keep moving.

Leading line of the path well captured. Lovely red filter on the sky. Good one!

Thanks John - yep red filter effect, good eye.

Beautiful scene, beautiful capture, and beautiful conversion.

Phil - thank you.

That looks like Arizona, and a trail I would love to walk. I love the clear air. Nice composition.

Thanks Jim. Funny thing, this morning just south here in the Huachucas it was extremely hazy/ dusty with bad visibilty, just 20 miles up the road and the air was much clearer.

Lovely tones but think i’d keep to the path to avoid any slithering creatures.

John - thanks. I could have taken a shot for the day with one of the signs about carrying water, staying on the trail, and watching out for venomous reptiles.

Just a note on the mountains. SE AZ has several sky islands, the Whetstones have one. It's a small range, part of Coronado National Forest, there's only a few unimproved 4x4 trails into some of the lower canyons, there are no roads to the upper elevations, and only one FS hiking trail that is accessed from the State Park. The park has several trails within its boundaries.

Love this shot with its no doubt casual/incidental inclusion of a clump of cactus at the side of the path. You won't find that over here! What's a sky island?

Thanks Ron.

The prickly pear cactus is just one of many types all over the lower elevations here. I noticed quite a bit of prickly pear and ocotillo just in the area around the caverns visitor center and the short hike.

Here's a US Forest Service page on Sky Islands: https://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/beauty/Sky_Islands/whatare.shtml

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom