Critique 2021 Octoberfest – Gordo – X100F 23/2 – 31 Oct, finito.

Real Name
Paul
First off, been a bit busy with phone calls yesterday and today, plus errands today. Will be catching up on everyone's threads as soon as I can.

Hopefully, I have something a little different tomorrow and maybe another day or two this week. Hopefully next week I can roam wider. Knees have been doing better, so walking more. Still need to be careful, but I need to get up and running (LOL) for an airshow Nov 6.

Day 11

I'm back in black (and white). Instead of another standard boring Huachuca shot, I tried for a natural framing boring Huachuca shot. :whistle:
View attachment 1690940
Very good shot! Glad you knees are doing better each day.

I love the purity of desert light. So well captured, I can feel the heat!

Thanks Paul. I guess it would still be warm/ hot for you although it is getting into the 40's at night here. Really comfortable right now for me. Daytime highs in the 70's/ low 80's.

Day 11

Photo of opportunity.

Had originally planned on getting to one of the State Parks today to get an annual pass, but we've had very high winds since yesterday evening and not expected to decrease until later this afternoon. Heard a few sirens go by, looked outside and observed the local fire department in the parking area. Ambulance is out of view behind a tree to the right, at the end of the walkway. Taken through the patio door glass, large odd flares were visible, so I cropped to remove. Large crop, 3000x2000 out of 6000x4000, resized for web.

edit - on scene with the ambulance for a medical call.

View attachment 1691012

Last edited:
And was there a fire?

Oops - edited the post. No fire, medical call, trucks roll with the ambulance to places like this to make sure they have the manpower to get the patient and gurney safely down the stairs, etc...

You and I both had unexpected great photo ops today, Gordon! I hope that the person for whom the assistance was summoned is OK or will be. For a while we had someone living in our building about whom we were all concerned and every time I heard sirens, especially if they were coming in to this community, I would immediately think of her. She eventually was taken off in an ambulance to the hospital after her daughter asked for a welfare check and from there went to a nursing home, never returning here. It was all very sad but at the same time I think several of us were greatly relieved because she was not in good health, either physical or mental, and really needed to be somewhere where she was with other people and not living all by herself, and where she could get the care she needed.

Anyway, nice shot! In this area a fire truck will also come to the scene when a medical emergency is called in, along with the ambulance.

Real Name
Paul
Day 11

Photo of opportunity.

Had originally planned on getting to one of the State Parks today to get an annual pass, but we've had very high winds since yesterday evening and not expected to decrease until later this afternoon. Heard a few sirens go by, looked outside and observed the local fire department in the parking area. Ambulance is out of view behind a tree to the right, at the end of the walkway. Taken through the patio door glass, large odd flares were visible, so I cropped to remove. Large crop, 3000x2000 out of 6000x4000, resized for web.

edit - on scene with the ambulance for a medical call.

View attachment 1691012
Not the kind of excitement you want around the neighborhood. Hopefully they are OK. Nice capture though.

Latest threads

Top Bottom