Share 2021 Octoberfest - Bucket - In honor of Chris

Real Name
Andy
Here are a few uncropped SOOC images from this morning:
1. Fearless Doe. The manual focus short focal length Helios F-92 is not ideal for wildlife, but when the animal lets you get this close, it still works out.
Octoberfest_Bucket-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Tree bokeh. Focus target is the tip of the dead branch. OOF foreground falloff is fairly decent. OOF background is slightly grainy in character, but also pleasing, IMO.
Octoberfest_Bucket-2.jpg

3. Flower bokeh. The helicoid I installed permits extremely close working distances. I can't say I planned that, but it is nice to have the capability. But with the aperture fixed at f/2, somewhat useless!
Octoberfest_Bucket-3.jpg

4. Departure. The lens is sharp all the way to the edge, but does have some noticeable vignetting.
Octoberfest_Bucket-4.jpg

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Andy, Nice first bucket! My bucket shots look like my posted image. I had the camera set to 10 FPS and fired off four shots with a single press. Lol. Raining all day today so far, glad I decided to shoot late last night after midnight. I also needed to verify the old capture NX2 still worked and would open.

A bit of an overview: One of the first things we had to bring to our's, while emptying my father's home (as some might remember, he passed away this April) is the garden train. Our children love it, they've played for hours in grandpa's garret, with him. And now, ever since this summer, in our garden.

Evening's last freight train leaving the tunnel

OF_2021_Day_01_b1.jpg

a couple of other captures for Day 1 - the monarch had just hatched and the wings are very vibrant!
Octoberfest day 1-3.jpg

Octoberfest day 1.jpg

Here is a shot of the Yew with dozens of red berries—to me it lacks focus—my pick for today had only 3 berries so they had a lot to add to the photo. Here, they are overkill! Besides the angle is all wrong (I was on my tippy toes) But it does show how prolific these are!

Day1007.jpg

Here is a shot of the Yew with dozens of red berries—to me it lacks focus—my pick for today had only 3 berries so they had a lot to add to the photo. Here, they are overkill! Besides the angle is all wrong (I was on my tippy toes) But it does show how prolific these are!

View attachment 1690114
Spot on analysis, it looks as if you could photograph about any old berry here. I struggle with these situations, too. It looks good (No, OK, it looks acceptable) in the finder, and arbitrary, random, later....

Last edited:

View attachment 1690114

I don't think I've ever gotten a decent comp of flowers/ berries in a situation like this. The one in your thread came out well IMHO.

Real Name
Paul
A bit of an overview: One of the first things we had to bring to our's, while emptying my father's home (as some might remember, he passed away this April) is the garden train. Our children love it, they've played for hours in grandpa's garret, with him. And now, ever since this summer, in our garden.

Evening's last freight train leaving the tunnel

View attachment 1690104
Nice way to remember your dad and the enjoyment of playing with the train.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
The other keeper, the water drop sold the other image better even though I like this pastel color better.

5B2FD654-9B6B-475A-986C-3EE54C0B743B.jpeg

Real Name
Tim
Extending my day 2 post, here are a few more of the wall, and surrounding flora as it were...

NZ6_4542.jpg
NZ6_4545.jpg

So this last one is sort of a signature that, when the two who build the wall would finish, always included. A stone statue, that they would name at the end. In this case, Seattle Sam. He is the guardian of the wall and our homestead. Also a Seahwaks fan!!! :D

NZ6_4551.jpg

Portraiture:

Show Jumping Competition

OF_2021_Day_02_b2.jpg

OF_2021_Day_02_b3.jpg

OF_2021_Day_02_b4.jpg

Yes, @LyndeeLoo, they grow...

Latest threads

Top Bottom