Share 2021 Octoberfest - Bucket - In honor of Chris

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
'Normal' captures on D12, just to show how people are feeling so relaxed in the park despite the imminent typhoon.

M1000488 copy.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M1000490 copy.jpg

One more from yesterday (Day 11). Or should I say "Five more"? I rather liked this little trickle of a waterfall but it was right alongside the footpath I was following, so far too close for the 135mm lens to capture it with a single shot of any orientation. I couldn't go any further back because of a 15 foot drop to the water below. My solution was the aforementioned five images, stitched. The 135mm wide angle lens in portrait mode!

51580863425_c5c8dfaf40_b.jpg
Tricklefall by warth man, on Flickr

Real Name
Paul
One more from yesterday (Day 11). Or should I say "Five more"? I rather liked this little trickle of a waterfall but it was right alongside the footpath I was following, so far too close for the 135mm lens to capture it with a single shot of any orientation. I couldn't go any further back because of a 15 foot drop to the water below. My solution was the aforementioned five images, stitched. The 135mm wide angle lens in portrait mode!

View attachment 1690976 Tricklefall by warth man, on Flickr
Good idea to stitch them together. I don't even see the needle marks. :)

Another shot from Day 12 -- this is really hard, back-breaking work these guys do! Wow.... I noticed that they're using different equipment than the Bobcat they had on our side of the lake; this orange machine looks heavier and sits lower to the ground. I suspect that since there is much closer proximity to the water and there would be the possibility of tipping over, with the narrowness of the path, the curvature and unevenness (not to mention heaviness once loaded on to the vehicle) of the old asphalt this might be a safer machine to be using.

Back-Breaking Work.jpeg

Real Name
Ken St John
Some continued excitement at my neighbor's yard this morning!! The three trees are now down and I was able to capture one in motion!!
EOSR2644.jpg

EOSR2663.jpg

I talked to the folks doing the work, and apparently my neighbor was pretty lucky as it looks like none of the roots damaged his home's foundation. They are going to dig out the stumps ... which should leave a rather impressive hole!! Getting the OK to take these down is kind of a big deal as the city makes it difficult for homeowners to do as the oaks are "historical" according to some. Luckily all the work that has been done with ours as well as our neighbors was easy as they were somewhat "diseased" in places!!

Ken

One more from the fire - got to experiment more, with the tripod:

OF_2021_Day_12_b0.jpg

And some more cooking - after the brussels sprouts, here's another simple, quick meal, perfect while in the mountains:

Tuna, olives, capers, a red onion, a carrot, all stewed in tomato purree. This makes for a sauce, to be served with pasta. The other carrots in the back are a side dish for the children, who want vegetables instead of tuna, and the beer is the cook's side dish :) Nordwand Bräu Pale Ale

OF_2021_Day_12_b1.jpg

Aperitif fun in Grindelw... in Duckburg

Mayla Duck

Mayla Duck.jpg

Luca Duck

Luca Duck.jpg

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
A reject from today, lawn guy, with a couple, and an employee at the local grocery, having a moment.

7BCAE3FD-D435-4BE9-88BA-A728EF61FFEF.jpeg

I had an idea about irony today - being that it was too cold for the ice plant to bloom completely - but I could never get the framing to my liking. Here's square crop:

original.jpg

One more from the fire - got to experiment more, with the tripod:

View attachment 1691015

And some more cooking - after the brussels sprouts, here's another simple, quick meal, perfect while in the mountains:

Tuna, olives, capers, a red onion, a carrot, all stewed in tomato purree. This makes for a sauce, to be served with pasta. The other carrots in the back are a side dish for the children, who want vegetables instead of tuna, and the beer is the cook's side dish :) Nordwand Bräu Pale Ale

View attachment 1691016

Now that's a meal after my own heart! Mmmmm......

Real Name
Paul
Some continued excitement at my neighbor's yard this morning!! The three trees are now down and I was able to capture one in motion!!
View attachment 1691010
View attachment 1691011

I talked to the folks doing the work, and apparently my neighbor was pretty lucky as it looks like none of the roots damaged his home's foundation. They are going to dig out the stumps ... which should leave a rather impressive hole!! Getting the OK to take these down is kind of a big deal as the city makes it difficult for homeowners to do as the oaks are "historical" according to some. Luckily all the work that has been done with ours as well as our neighbors was easy as they were somewhat "diseased" in places!!

Ken
Great sequence of shots and interesting story about the hoops you have to go through.

Real Name
Paul
Day 12 buckets...

It was foggy this morning, so I thought I'd jump out early to try to get some shots, before working on the house. Couldn't find anything (that I could shoot with a 200mm), so tried to get some pictures of a swampy area not too far from home. They were OK, but just didn't compare to the shot I posted for the day.

Ofest_2021_12__DSC9306.jpg

I tried cooling the white balance a bit on this one, and left things alone on the next one...

Ofest_2021_12__DSC9308.jpg

Real Name
Paul
Day 13 bucket - Inside out (B&W)
Ofest_2021_13__DSC9313 1.jpg

This needs a little explanation... I screened in our porch and posted a shot in the main thread. This shot, is actually taken from inside the Study, out through the window (the dark horizontal and vertical lines are the grill of the window), and focused on the horizontal and vertical supports for screen of the porch (white).

It's a bit abstract, Chris like, so I thought I'd share here.

Latest threads

Top Bottom