2021 Octoberfest - catalyst - D800 - 85/1.4D - Day 16

Took the road bike for a spin along the riverfront trail this afternoon. There are several cool art installations at various points. I'll throw another one in the bucket. This fountain was installed by . . . you guessed it: The local Lion's Club!

View attachment 1690584
Very cool what would be really sweet is that when you pressed the bubbler button and brought your head down the lion would roar.

There was a brief break in the rain, so I crept out in the backyard - literally - to grab this shot. I wanted to put a sort of Chris spin on it. I used a re-discovered Canon 500D close-up lens on the 85/1.4. I'll toss a more normal one in the bucket. With apologies to our resident myco-masters . . .

View attachment 1690688
Nice also have the 500D that I used with the D200 and 300mm f4.0 after seeing nature images from Ronnie Gauberft. Ronnie was an excellent nature photographer and a Cafe member that we lost back in 2011. Will have to pull it out and play with it again this time on the Z7.
Even though I pass by the Bookcliffs every day on a walk, I never grow tired of seeing them.

View attachment 1690738
I would walk more often and for longer durations with that scenery to tickle my eyes.
Chris and I shared a love of chemistry; back in our moderator days, we'd often compare lecture and lab techniques, etc. If he were around today, we'd surely "synthesize" something potable on the patio, using this re-purposed labware!

View attachment 1690814
Love the wine glasses and mug, great repurpose and wonderful crisp image.
Just some leaves from an ash tree today:

View attachment 1690938
Perfect, love the symmetry. Think it would make a great print at say 36x36.
Spied this mechanic working on a old truck, and I gotta say: that "plumber's crack" made me laugh!

View attachment 1691036
Great imagination and a wondeful shot.

Our weather really turned sour the past few days and that gave me the idea to do a "full Chris" treatment of the Bookcliffs. I kinda overdid things here - just as Chris did on occasion! -and even more in the one that I'll toss in the Bucket.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Our weather really turned sour the past few days and that gave me the idea to do a "full Chris" treatment of the Bookcliffs. I kinda overdid things here - just as Chris did on occasion! -and even more in the one that I'll toss in the Bucket.

View attachment 1691100
Quite the contrast in the shot. With the sky and hills, it really looks like an isolated and forbidding place.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom