2021 Octoberfest - Clix Pix (Connie) - Player - Sony A1 with 20mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.2, 135mm f/1.8 ------ DAY 31! HAPPY HALLOWE'EN!

14 - good eye, I think the reflection adds quite a bit of interest. Nice work with the B&W conversion.

15 - nice bee shot. :)

Day 16: Got outside and did some shooting this morning before the predicted storm began to arrive, and my timing was good -- now it's very dark out there, rain imminent....

Some pretty ornamental grasses are growing not far from the boardwalk and the newly-paved asphalt path:

Ornamental Grasses.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Great image balance, and the warm colors balance too. A very nice composition Connie.

Thanks, John! I am SO glad I got myself out the door and doing some shooting this morning while it was still so nice outside. Yes, the weather conditions have certainly changed over the past few hours, haven't they? Earlier today I had doors and windows open and went out to shoot in a short-sleeved t-shirt and a pair of cropped pants.... The sun was coming in-and-out of clouds and all was well, at something like 77°. Now? Doors and windows shut, the temperature has dropped to low 60's and although the rain has stopped for the moment, looks as though there may still be more coming along. Well, that nice weather we had was great while it lasted!

Thank you, Andy, Terri and Nick! I think our summer days are definitely at an end now. It turned significantly chillier after the storm this afternoon -- autumn is finally making an appearance!

I am fascinated by that ornamental grass and have taken other photos of it, but today's really seems special -- everything fell into place just right.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom