2021 Octoberfest - Clix Pix (Connie) - Player - Sony A1 with 20mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.2, 135mm f/1.8 ------ DAY 31! HAPPY HALLOWE'EN!

Some of you may recall that a few days ago I was frustrated when trying an experiment which just didn't work out the way I had wanted......but I didn't give up and had another idea, the ingredients of which were on my dining table for a few days while I mulled things over and tried a couple of ideas that didn't pan out. Yesterday afternoon, having finished and submitted my image for Day 16, I went to put away the camera and lens, which also were on the dining table, and as I was picking up the camera I noticed how the light was hitting the two items that were still waiting their turn to be shot. Hm..... I looked at the camera in my hands, and the lens on the table....... Promptly cleared the table of excess stuff, added something to serve as the surface, positioned my subjects and had a great time shooting. Since it was still yesterday and since I'd already done my image for that day, I decided that the new shot would go into Week 41 of my 52 Weeks project.....anyone interested, go have a look!

Today is a new day and I had another idea for those same subjects -- on a roll now! -- and once again set things up, in a different location this time, and here's the result:

Day 17: Scooping a Helping of Window

A Scoop of Window.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Some of you may recall that a few days ago I was frustrated when trying an experiment which just didn't work out the way I had wanted......but I didn't give up and had another idea, the ingredients of which were on my dining table for a few days while I mulled things over and tried a couple of ideas that didn't pan out. Yesterday afternoon, having finished and submitted my image for Day 16, I went to put away the camera and lens, which also were on the dining table, and as I was picking up the camera I noticed how the light was hitting the two items that were still waiting their turn to be shot. Hm..... I looked at the camera in my hands, and the lens on the table....... Promptly cleared the table of excess stuff, added something to serve as the surface, positioned my subjects and had a great time shooting. Since it was still yesterday and since I'd already done my image for that day, I decided that the new shot would go into Week 41 of my 52 Weeks project.....anyone interested, go have a look!

Today is a new day and I had another idea for those same subjects -- on a roll now! -- and once again set things up, in a different location this time, and here's the result:

View attachment 1691432
Very nice and great subject

Real Name
Paul
I missed notifications of your postings. Frantically trying to catch up...

Day 11: I had an idea for one more use of those poor tired flowers..... and this turned out to be more challenging than I had expected! Spent way, way too much time on it and I'm still not thrilled with what I managed to get. Better natural lighting would have helped, that's for sure! This didn't turn out quite the way I had hoped but I don't have the editing skills to correct the light glare -- I tried on a similar image and made a right royal mess of it! -- so this is it, this is what you get:

View attachment 1690939
Gee. I like it a lot!

Day 12 turned out to be surprisingly, a quick and easy shoot after yesterday's struggle! I looked out the sliding glass door and lo and behold, across the lake were the guys working on the asphalt trail on that side, digging it up! Wow, that looks like back-breaking work....... It's cool and cloudy again today, so that's easier on them than the bright hot sun would have been. Anyway, I grabbed the camera, quickly mounted the 135mm and ran out to the deck and got to work:

View attachment 1690986
Very nice and the reflection of the equipment and railing enhance the shot.

Day 13: I was surprised to realize that the workers still had another whole section of asphalt to dig up -- I thought they'd already completed that area yesterday -- so this morning it was the white machine doing the honors with the big, heavy pieces. Took him a while to get the right angle and secure position on the piece he was trying to pick up. I'm having fun watching this process! So Jim was right that they do use the equipment to dig out the largest pieces first and then they break up others manually before transporting it away, too.

View attachment 1691072
It's good that they are getting this all out of the way now.

Day 14: I've taken a few shots today as they've been smoothing out the dirt and then putting down the fresh asphalt..... Fascinating process altogether! In the meantime, though, while I was out there on the deck shooting, my eye was caught by the interesting interplay of light and shadows, reflections, verticals and horizontals on the lower level of our community "clubhouse" and its adjacent deck. which I decided was a natural for B&W.....

View attachment 1691139
Fabulous shot! Reflections and lines, oh my!

Day 15: one would swear this were an early summer day or even a mid-summer afternoon rather than the middle of October! A nice warm 77° even as I type...... amazing!

We have some interesting new little flowers that suddenly popped into bloom a couple of days ago so I stepped out to the front of the building with the 50mm f/1.2 lens hoping to capture something artsy.....well, apparently I was intruding on someone's lunch hour so I decided to take advantage of that situation instead!

View attachment 1691248
I'm jealous of the warm weather you are having. Bokeh is very nice on the shot.

Day 16: Got outside and did some shooting this morning before the predicted storm began to arrive, and my timing was good -- now it's very dark out there, rain imminent....

Some pretty ornamental grasses are growing not far from the boardwalk and the newly-paved asphalt path:

View attachment 1691366
Another awesome composition!

View attachment 1691432
On a roll indeed! Creative shot with wonderful reflections. Superb job!

DAY 18: Autumn has definitely arrived in the DC area! When I went out to the store this morning, first time in months I've had to put on a vest over my long-sleeved shirt and I wore long pants rather than cropped ones. Summer has waved goodbye.....

Autumn Colors.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom