2021 Octoberfest - Clix Pix (Connie) - Player - Sony A1 with 20mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.2, 135mm f/1.8 ------ DAY 31! HAPPY HALLOWE'EN!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Outstanding images, Connie, and that orb is just special. I see you put that as your avatar. I would have too; it's awesome!

A cloudy day this afternoon, with the sun peeking in-and-out among the clouds from time to time. As I was starting out for a walk around the neighborhood I noticed how the tree branches, the pale sun and the clouds were reflecting in my car's hood:

View attachment 1691968
Would never had guessed a reflection from your car! That is kinda spooky and ominous - perfect for the season. And, yep - Chris would definitely approve!

Thank you, Paul, Lyndee, Terri, Phil and Eric!! Yes, I've missed seeing the squirrels and am happy that I encountered this little guy the other day! The minute I laid eyes on the orb it transfixed me and later, when having finished processing and editing it, I thought, "hey, this would be a perfect new avatar!" Yes, the reflection on the car hood caught my attention because it did look rather spooky, mysterious, a bit haunting.... and definitely is a reminder of Halloween coming up!

DAY 24: This was a perfect afternoon for a stroll around the lake with the 20mm... I'm loving the smooth new asphalt path! Here, close to the foot of the lake we see both my side plus the townhouse side. A couple of special bonuses, too: a sunstar and the geese who are midway up the lake.....

Strolling the Path on a Beautiful Autumn Afternoon.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks, Eric! I am so, so loving the smoothness of the path now! It really had gotten quite treacherous and even without a camera in hand I always felt at risk walking on it. Today was one of those wonderful days with few clouds in the sky, the sun blessing us with its light and warmth, plus low humidity and lovely fresh autumn air! This was a good day to take the 20mm out and play with her for a while, as I think this is the lens I've used the least number of times throughout this project. One reason I wanted to include her in Octoberfest in the first place was so that I would get out there and use her, become more comfortable with shooting wide-angle, which doesn't come naturally to me.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
DAY 24: This was a perfect afternoon for a stroll around the lake with the 20mm... I'm loving the smooth new asphalt path! Here, close to the foot of the lake we see both my side plus the townhouse side. A couple of special bonuses, too: a sunstar and the geese who are midway up the lake.....

View attachment 1692059
Lots to take in but that sun star! Cool. Enjoy that fresh path.

Latest threads

Top Bottom