2021 Octoberfest - Dexbana(Paul) - Z6 w/ MC 105S and 55mm 1.2 - Day 16

Just a simple street scene in monochrome. I love finding these places in small towns. They speak to me of the work and effort someone makes to run a tiny business that caters to some need in their community.

View attachment 1690582
Cute little business and very interesting architecture on the building. Well done with the B&W treatment.

Been busy today so I just fired off a photo of a chrysanthemum against a pale orange sunset. Nothing special, but I liked the colors.

Octoberfest 9.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Interesting......what kind of business is it? A restaurant? Clearly the community is mixed-zoning with residences there as well.....
I think it is a gift shop. Only open on weekends.
Love this image!! The BW suits it perfectly...and...well, I just love it!!
Thanks Lyndee. The color image worked as well but the monochrome was more what I had in mind.
Good job with the leading lines on the fence rails. And the do not enter sign should not deter someone from visiting
John, the image just seemed to come together with the leading lines and surrounding features. I was about ready to call the photo "Do Not Enter" since that was a defining part of the image.
Nicely done, and good crop!
Thank you Wade. I am a big fan of the strong panoramic format as that is the way I usually visualize the scene I am photographing.
A very interesting street scene, with an interesting looking house.
Appreciate it Phil. I found the whole scene interesting from the old clapboard building to the left to the feature rich house to the right.
Cute little business and very interesting architecture on the building. Well done with the B&W treatment.
Thanks Paul. I may have to travel back there sometime when they are open to see what's going on inside.
B&W works, nice catch, love the upper windows.
Gordo, thanks for your comments. The upper windows were one of the main features that caught my eye when setting up the shot.
Nice shot with lots of interest. Is that a bench outside the building or a tie rail?
Thank you Ron. I am pretty sure that is a bench but given the small town nature of the scene it could have been a hitching rail!

Just a simple street scene in monochrome. I love finding these places in small towns. They speak to me of the work and effort someone makes to run a tiny business that caters to some need in their community.

View attachment 1690582
Nice and suits the b&w treatment. Like how some of the older buildings get repurposed by small businesses and many times they are art related.

Chrysanthemum colors are beautiful. I loved your shot of the little store. It reminded me of walking to a similar store with my Grandmother when I was a little girl. She never did drive so we often walked to the neighborhood store where she would buy me a treat!! Thank you for inspiring a happy memory.

Chrysanthemum colors are beautiful. I loved your shot of the little store. It reminded me of walking to a similar store with my Grandmother when I was a little girl. She never did drive so we often walked to the neighborhood store where she would buy me a treat!! Thank you for inspiring a happy memory.
Very kind words Terri. I remember often visiting my grandparents many years ago in a very small town in South Dakota. My grandfather was the owner of the tiny general store (he was also the town undertaker). Maybe this is where I get the inspiration for my love of small towns and all of the simple things in them that evoke such strong memories.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom