2021 Octoberfest - Dexbana(Paul) - Z6 w/ MC 105S and 55mm 1.2 - Day 16

Technically yes, but as with all fungi, positive identification is needed to avoid "issues".
the left one (shaggy) is delicious but the one in the pic is too old (has already the ink dripping at the bottom which makes it very bitter).
Some people regard those mushrooms as toxic because it should never be consumed together with alcohol :hungover:

A day late, and can't think of anything that hasn't been mentioned, I do love the colors and the wonderful OOF.

Nice ,well seen, like the complementary colors of the green and magenta against the sunset.
Thanks John. The sky was particularly orange just after the sunset. The bokeh blurred several colors together.
Day 8's image -- An unusual approach and a very effective one, shooting the flower against the setting sun! Colors are indeed complementary -- Mother Nature is great that way!
Thanks Connie. Got into a low angle to get the right alignment. The flip screen is a real back saver!
I like to colours too, and good composition.
Thanks Phil!
The colors and the background make for a special shot. Well done!
Paul, Thanks very much!
This image draws me in for a second look - with questions. What's in the background? Was there motion from the wind, or is it just shallow depth of field? The answers are not important, but the photograph demands a closer look, which is a good thing!
Andy, the background was very much OOF. The sky was framed between woods on one side and a structure on the other. The big blur of light is open sky just after the sun set.
It surely works with nice OOF background. I for one didn't know that was the Sun in the background until reading your comment.
Thanks Ron. The sun was just below the horizon and the light was the very bright sky just above. Really nice colors.
the left one (shaggy) is delicious but the one in the pic is too old (has already the ink dripping at the bottom which makes it very bitter).
Some people regard those mushrooms as toxic because it should never be consumed together with alcohol :hungover:
There are indeed mushrooms like the shaggy that can amplify the affects of alcohol. These days, I tend to eat only mushrooms from the supermarket!
A day late, and can't think of anything that hasn't been mentioned, I do love the colors and the wonderful OOF.
Thanks Gordo!
Ohhh...love the flower; it's exquisite!
Thanks Lyndee. Been away for a while but ready to get back in the 'fest again.

Last edited:
Been away for a few days, so I need to start posting again.

Monochrome of stubble after cutting down our ornamental grasses.

Octoberfest 10.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Paul, very nice conversion, and great subject.
Thanks Wade.
Monochrome works really well for this subject and I like how while most are lined up in a somewhat orderly fashion there are the few different ones juxtapositioned here-and-there!
Connie, This is really what caught my eye. It reminded me of a photo I took years ago of a stack of pipes from the ends. The semi randomness was what I was interested in.
Those are densely packed, Paul. I like your treatment here.
Thanks Eric. Angled straight on gave me the best DOF for the level of detail in each of the stems.
Good catch—I'd be so busy looking at the cut heads!
Nick, (slap to the forehead) I should have arranged the heads and stems into something interesting. Missed that one! Once the grasses were cut down they went right into the brush pile.
+1 on the monchrome working well for this, loving the textures.
Thanks Gordon.
Very nice composition and conversion. Great contrast,
Thanks for your comments Phil.
Perfect in mono. Looks like one of those insect hotels.
Ron, That thought did cross my mind. I use to have a bug motel but only ants seemed to be interested.
The stubble is super sharp across the plane of focus. Very creative composition and processing.
Thanks John. I was thinking about f11 but I was hand holding and just want to make sure I did not get any blur. Didn't turn out too bad.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom