2021 Octoberfest - Dexbana(Paul) - Z6 w/ MC 105S and 55mm 1.2 - Day 16

You sure picked one heck of a tough subject to capture. I love shots like this where the focus is so narrow that seemingly random bits and pieces of the subject are crisply focused.
Thanks Nick. When I first shot this image, I did not see the bug. When I chimped the shot, I realized the bug was there but just out of focus so I reshot focussed on the eye.
Amazing detail here. Really well done.
Thanks Eric. The MC 105 is a very sharp lens indeed!
Nicely done Paul.
Thank you Ron.
This is a great example of finding an interesting photograph in an unexpected place. Also, nice post processing treatment.

Lovely composition.
Sometimes things that look mundane from a normal perspective really have a fabulous level of complexity and detail at macro level.
Soft and subtle, just lovely!
Thanks Wade!
Very pretty -- it would have been without the insect, too, but he or she really adds a special touch!
Thanks Connie. I started out with just the needles and then found the bug and refocussed.
It's beautiful. Another great one with 105.
Phil, Thanks for your comment. The MC 105 is my favorite lens for quality of image and its macro capabilities. Highly recommended.
Great BW subject, like the orderly stacking of the subject.
Thanks John. When I was cutting down these grasses it occurred to me that the patterns in the remaining stubble would make a good subject.
Like the rendition of the spruce tips and the green yellow tips transitioning to a white overlay . Insect with spread wings adds additional interest.
The subtle color progression along the needle only really became apparent once I got into macro range. Luckily the bug was cooperative.
How you shot that which such clarity is beyond me - well done!
Lyndee, I need to credit the lens for sharpness, but I did my best to keep shake under control.

Last plant standing. We cut down the gardens for winter but this mum was just too pretty to go under the knife. only splash of color in a growing landscape of leaves.

Octoberfest 12.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wow...love the composition....I wouldn't want to cut that out either..... :D
Thanks Tim. It's just outside my office window so it was nice to look at when I needed a break.
Nice. We have a couple of snapdragons that refuse to give in, while everything else has retreated.
Love how the red heads seem to be hovering in space. Red on green seems to create that illusion for me.
Nick, I get the small 3D effect especially when I have my glasses on. You never know what you will get from the 55mm 1.2
This really pops, Paul. And those leaves create a nice background.
Thanks Eric. That intense dark red really drew my eye to the scene.
Your photograph makes it look that way. Nice subject isolation.
Wider view. Isolation indeed!
Flowers.jpg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom