2021 Octoberfest - JW53 - Q2 - 28mm F1.7 - Day 22

Real Name
Paul
With the rain yesterday and having back issues wasn't able to get out and shoot. Was able to get down to the basement and made some catch-up images.

Day 7 - Had some sunlight this morning so ended up choosing the dumbell rack lit through the blinds. Since it ws pretty monochrome decided to go ahead and make it a B&W image with just a touch of sepia. Still not able to really lift anything over 15lbs but it's a lot better than several weeks ago when I struggled with 10.

View attachment 1690648
Nice shoot... the B&W and the slices of lights from the shades work well.

Day 8 - When I ended up getting the Leica my wife had thought about a new wine cellar. Couldn't say no so but we didn't have room upstairs so it ended up in the basement. It's both temp and humidity controlled and holds over 150 bottles. Right now she probably has it 3/4 full. Told her we probably need to start drinking a little more or we're going to run out of room. Image is of the shelf with Malbecs and Pinot that I like and mostly Luigi Bosca.

View attachment 1690658
Another nice shot with the vignetting highlighting the bottles.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
D7 & D8 - great patterns and texture. Different moods in B&W and colour and both very nice.

Day 7 - great photo of the torture rack! Just kidding - it is a nice shot of the dumbbells.

I was utterly humbled during shoulder rehab when 1lb weights totally kicked my rear. Hope you get your back healed up better.

Day 8 - sweet image of the wine storage, wonderful tones, and some nice wines.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Only tine I ever had to go to Hospital due to a bite was in St Louis when I got tagged by a Brown Recluse while working for the City of Creve Couer one summer. So come on down.
Yeahhh...I hear you. Brown Recluse's are nothing to play with and we have 'em here, for sure!

Both of these are just terrific, with the B&W treatment of the dumbbell rack a real standout and the colorful labels of the wine bottles for Day 8 also standing out in their own right.

Hope your back feels better soon! That can really throw a monkey wrench into one's plans, can't it?

Two different Racks, I like both, and I need a bigger wine cellar, only my good stuff is in my small one, the rest is in the corner of the basement. Thanks for sharing, those shadows of day 7;are sweet.

Until you're able to get back up to those 25 lb. dumbbells, you can always lift those bottles! I like both of these, John.

Nice shoot... the B&W and the slices of lights from the shades work well.

Another nice shot with the vignetting highlighting the bottles.

Wonderful capture of the light/shadow pattern.

D7 & D8 - great patterns and texture. Different moods in B&W and colour and both very nice.

2 kinds of weights—no guesses for which one I'd pick!

Great detail in both John. I wonder if I offer my wife a wine rack whether she will give me a Q2?

Catching up on your thread -
Day 6 - yikes, a little too close with the lens selected for your meme!
Day 7 - good use of BW processing. Pump some iron!
Day 8 - Fair of the trade for the Leica and cellar! Lucky man!

Day 7 - great photo of the torture rack! Just kidding - it is a nice shot of the dumbbells.

I was utterly humbled during shoulder rehab when 1lb weights totally kicked my rear. Hope you get your back healed up better.

Day 8 - sweet image of the wine storage, wonderful tones, and some nice wines.

Love the shot of the weights, and that's a nice collection of wine you've got there!
Thank you trying to get back on track with both posting images and responses.

Day 9 - Have had quite a good bit of rain this fall and it shows. Trees still pretty green as are patches on our deck. Since we moved over 32 years ago the trees around the house have certainly grown, and what was a fairly sunny place to hang out is now shaded except for a few hours during the height of summer when sun directly overhead. Result of the rain and decreased direct sun hitting the deck.

L1000153-Octoberfest-9.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Have had quite a good bit of rain this fall and it shows. Trees still pretty green as are patches on our deck. Since we moved over 32 years ago the trees around the house have certainly grown, and what was a fairly suny place to hang out is now shaded except for a few hours during the height of summer when sun directly overhead. Result of the rain and decreased direct sun hitting the deck.

View attachment 1690893
Terrific colors and DOF here, John. I can almost feel the moisture in that wood.

Real Name
Paul
Have had quite a good bit of rain this fall and it shows. Trees still pretty green as are patches on our deck. Since we moved over 32 years ago the trees around the house have certainly grown, and what was a fairly suny place to hang out is now shaded except for a few hours during the height of summer when sun directly overhead. Result of the rain and decreased direct sun hitting the deck.

View attachment 1690893
Very cool shot and it portrays the dampness well.

Day 10- Southwest corner of the deck showing the heavy cover from the trees. It is nice though because although homes are just next door or across a small backyard creek, during spring, summer and early fall they remain hidden.

Image taken from the glider that I sit in when taking most of the small bird images that I've posted on the cafe. Most if not all the small bird images take place between those 2 feeders.

L1000163-Octobrfest-10.jpg

Day 11 - Looking up through the leaves of a branch overhanging the deck. Just a hint of color but liked the brilliant greens backlit by the blue sky.

L1000181-Octobeerfest-11.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom