2021 Octoberfest - JW53 - Q2 - 28mm F1.7 - Day 22

I've missed several of your posts. It's hard keeping up, but I loved catching up on yours today. The spider shot is great. My favorite is the dumbbells with the soft light streaming in. I think you did an excellent job on the conversion. Also, all the woods around your deck really amaze me. We live in a desert and trees take a lot of effort to grow here.

Day 10- Southwest corner of the deck showing the heavy cover from the trees. It is nice though because although homes are just next door or across a small backyard creek, during spring, summer and early fall they remain hidden.

Image taken from the glider that I sit in when taking most of the small bird images that I've posted on the cafe. Most if not all the small bird images take place between those 2 feeders.

View attachment 1690902
Wow, what a great yard! Excellent photo that really emotes peace and tranquility. Perfect for "shooting" birds.
Day 11 - Looking up through the leaves of a branch overhanging the deck. Just a hint of color but liked the brilliant greens backlit by the blue sky.

View attachment 1690915
Looks like you are getting some color in those leaves. Looking forward to seeing how things change over the next few weeks.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
9,10, 11 all nice, but you have to fess up, image 9 is a painting and you painted that burst of green on the wood! wonderful.

Terrific colors and DOF here, John. I can almost feel the moisture in that wood.
Thanks Eric, wh had a very wet August and September and the tree cover doesn't allow the sun to dry off the deck .
Saturated—both the color and the moisture. A very mature looking spot!
Thanks Nick, decks held up pretty well over the last 32 years. It's definetly developed a patina, but still solid. We use to have it pressure washed and retreated every year but about 10 years ago the company went out of business and haven't retreated since.
Love the green! :D
Thank you Tim
Very cool shot and it portrays the dampness well.
Thanks Paul
Your last three entries are similar. The similarity between the dumbbell rack and the wine rack are obvious, but even this last one is a horizontal array.
Thank Jim...maybe I'm developing a style or just the way I see when shooting fairly close with the 28mm at F1.7 and it's DOF
Green, moist and so peaceful.
It is a peaceful spot. It's fun to see the Hawks gliding through the trees and often their path is below deck level so I look down on them. Amazed they can so easily navigate the woods so easily.
I've missed several of your posts. It's hard keeping up, but I loved catching up on yours today. The spider shot is great. My favorite is the dumbbells with the soft light streaming in. I think you did an excellent job on the conversion. Also, all the woods around your deck really amaze me. We live in a desert and trees take a lot of effort to grow here.
Thanks Terri, Atlanta is very green, no big vistas as sight lines are cut short by the tree covered hills. I remember on a flight back from LA one time the lady next to me kept askingf what all the green was as she looked out the window, she was amazed when I told her it was trees. When we built our home in 88 we removed the pines in the front yard and only removed those hardwoods that were in the homes footprint. I sometimes worry when we have the big spring storms but normally the trees have not leafed out at that time so no real threat of comming down.

Wow, what a great yard! Excellent photo that really emotes peace and tranquility. Perfect for "shooting" birds.

Looks like you are getting some color in those leaves. Looking forward to seeing how things change over the next few weeks.
Thanks Paul, It is a peaceful place and great for evening diners or coffee in the mornings. We get to use it pretty much year round except for those 3-4 days in the winter when temps fall below 40's
9,10, 11 all nice, but you have to fess up, image 9 is a painting and you painted that burst of green on the wood! wonderful.
Thank you Wade. Actually had to reduce saturation on the moss as it wa really an electric green..not goosed by me n the least, Mother Natures doing.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
D9, 10, 11 - Lovely trio. Really bring us to the nice moist environment. I can smell the leaves.

Real Name
Paul
Day 10- Southwest corner of the deck showing the heavy cover from the trees. It is nice though because although homes are just next door or across a small backyard creek, during spring, summer and early fall they remain hidden.

Image taken from the glider that I sit in when taking most of the small bird images that I've posted on the cafe. Most if not all the small bird images take place between those 2 feeders.

View attachment 1690902
So nice that you have a secluded deck with a lot of vegetation.
Day 11 - Looking up through the leaves of a branch overhanging the deck. Just a hint of color but liked the brilliant greens backlit by the blue sky.

View attachment 1690915
Just starting to turn...more to come.

9, 10, 11 - beautiful space, well captured, nice hint of color in day 11.

edit - just realized where Johns Creek is, thought the name sounded familiar. My three years in GA were spent in Marietta just outside the battlefield park.

Nice, restful and green. Can be quite slippery though. At least the timber deck on our kids' tree platform is. I've got a water-soluble product to put on that I can supposedly just leave to "wash 'n' go". We'll see, but I'll wait until leaf fall has finished.

Real Name
Andy
shaded except for a few hours during the height of summer when sun directly overhead.
Great color contrast.
Southwest corner of the deck showing the heavy cover from the trees.
Reminds me of our back deck in Illinois
brilliant greens backlit by the blue sky.
Gotta love the Leica bokeh; it is very special. Maybe it deserves its own term. Let’s call it “Lokeh.”

Back indoors with a b&w of my Hassy 500CM with the chrome 80mm f2.8 T Planar, this is the older model that used bay 50 filters series vs the newer bay 60. As you can probably tell it's been well used and have had to have the film back rebuilt a couple of times. Probably my favorite camera during the film days and I still try to run a couple of rolls of 120 through it every year.

L1000187-Octoberfest-12.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul
Back indoors with a b&w of my Hassy 500CM with the chrome 80mm f2.8 T Planar, this is the older model that used bay 50 filters series vs the newer bay 60. As you can probably tell it's been well used and have had to have the film back rebuilt a couple of times. Probably my favorite camera during the film days and I still try to run a couple of rolls of 120 through it every year.

View attachment 1691013
Wonderful shot!

Latest threads

Top Bottom