2021 Octoberfest - Ken (Minuteman3) - EOS R & RF50mm f1.8 - Day 16

Real Name
Ken St John
Well, here's my weapon of choice!! My first (and so far, only) "mirrorless" RF lens!!
IMG_0348.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(Kind of an odd looking little thing ... but some of my test pix have been quite surprising!

ADDED 9/29

IMG_0356.jpeg

Expect a lot of around home images ... we're just finishing renovations on bathroom #1, prepping bathroom #2, and will be hitting the kitchen in a big way in a week or so!!

Ken

Last edited:
Real Name
Ken St John
This morning I found a few brief sun breaks hitting our back fence.
Octoberfest 1-5.jpg

(And yes, it's probably time for a new fence!! So many projects, so little time :cool:)

Cheers!!

Ken

Real Name
Ken St John
That fence has character!
What a nice way to say "old" ...
Nice. Light and shadow, texture...
Thanks!!
The grain and texture of the wood are outstanding!
Thanks!!
I second the character and texture comments.
Thanks!!
I almost felt a splinter looking over this, Ken!
Thanks!!
The side illumination is perfect for the grain rendering. If you replace the fence, keep the old wood for all sorts of rustic projects, frames, etc.
Thanks ... not a bad idea!! It's cedar and could look nice!!
Love the use of lighting to bring out the texture and grain in the wood!
Thanks!!
And lots of peepholes.
Yup!!

Now ... what's out there for tomorrow?

Ken

Real Name
Ken St John
Real Name
Ken St John
Busy day ... demoed a whole bathroom, including the original 1965 iron tub!! All I do is watch the folks who are doing the work ... but still ...

One of the neat things I've been learning to use is a new grill/smoker combo that my wonderful wife suggested we get. She knows I like smoking a lot, but we also wanted to keep a gas grill in the back yard for grillin' !! So...
Octoberfest 1-9.jpg

The techie in me also enjoys this one as it has a wifi connection letting me monitor the progress in the smoker from anywhere in the house. I've only done a couple of things so far and the results have been good ... not yet great. Takes time to learn. It was way too rainy to do much outside the past few days, but hopefully there will be some nice weather later this week ...

Cheers!!

Ken

Busy day ... demoed a whole bathroom, including the original 1965 iron tub!! All I do is watch the folks who are doing the work ... but still ...

One of the neat things I've been learning to use is a new grill/smoker combo that my wonderful wife suggested we get. She knows I like smoking a lot, but we also wanted to keep a gas grill in the back yard for grillin' !! So...
View attachment 1690215

The techie in me also enjoys this one as it has a wifi connection letting me monitor the progress in the smoker from anywhere in the house. I've only done a couple of things so far and the results have been good ... not yet great. Takes time to learn. It was way too rainy to do much outside the past few days, but hopefully there will be some nice weather later this week ...

Cheers!!

Ken

Wow! That's a nice piece of kit. I'm jealous. Puts my old Weber charcoal kettle in the shade. I can imagine some really tasty meals coming from your new outfit.

View attachment 1690215

Cheers!!

Ken
Great shoot with the house as a backdrop. We have an electric smoker and love it. My favorite has been smoked chicken, but we keep trying different foods, some came out great, some so-so (likely we haven’t gotten the technique right or chose a food not well suited).

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom