2021 Octoberfest - Ken (Minuteman3) - D780 & Nikkor 50mm f1.8 - Day 31

Day 11

A bit quieter in our house today ... but my other neighbor is now getting rid of HIS Tyrees!! Same crew.
View attachment 1690942

It's actually amazing to watch these guys at work.

Cheers!!

Ken

(PS I'm putting some additional reno pics in the bucket if you're interested in our progress so far. Later this week we start the kitchen!! Size wise it's certainly bigger, but since we're not moving any major plumbing or electrical items there should be a lot less detail work than in the baths.)
That will be a lot of firewood. A tad close to the house maybe...?

Real Name
Ken St John
Day 12

Sunrise ... cold morning ~35ºF!!! The three spindly trees are now gone from my neighbor's yard!!

EOSR2636.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers!!

Ken

Real Name
Andy
Real Name
Ken St John
Day 14

(Yup, I missed a day ... had to go to a funeral and celebration of life for the father of a friend of ours yesterday. Art was a Retired Navy Chief and was also retired from Boeing where he worked on a number of classified military programs. Great guy ... will be missed by us all. The truly sad part of this is, he passed just a year after his wife. In fact ... if you were to thumb through my 2020 Octoberfest thread, you'd see I missed a day for HER celebration of life. Blessings to all.)

Tonight's dinner ... a homemade chicken pot pie before the application of the dough/topping. In the oven right now!!

EOSR2685.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers!!

Ken

That looks very tasty! When I was a child, for some of those years my mother was working as a teacher and a few nights of the week she got home rather late to do anything serious in the way of meal preparation so she relied on various products from the grocery store. One was frozen chicken pot pie, and while it was OK, after a while my father and I both got mighty tired of it!!! It really did make it a lot easier for my mother, though, coming home after a long day at work and being able to toss frozen dinners into the oven and in the meantime prepare a salad and other accompaniments. THIS however, looks so, so much better than whatever was in that "TV dinner" frozen meal I remember from childhood!

Latest threads

Top Bottom