2021 Octoberfest - Kry27 - 85/1.8S - Day 15

The gear I plan to use, the gear for the upcoming month:
- Nikkor S 85/1.8S
- Z 7 (Z 6 might join)
- SmallRig L-Bracket (never left the camera since I got it. A second of these is on the Z 6)
- Gitzo Mini with clamp
- 77mm Circular Pol, adapter ring set to mount it
- new acquisition: 77->82 ring, to mount
- 3 stop, and
- 6 stop ND filters I had for my 14-30.

Let's see what these can do.

20210930_212855.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That Gitzo Mini with Clamp -- i.e., a Gitzo tabletop tripod with what appears to be an Arca-Swiss connection for the camera -- has caught my attention. I have a couple of tabletop tripods and one thing which is frustrating about them is that I have to fiddle with screwing in the thing to the camera's tripod mount and wow, I'd love to be able to use an Arca-Swiss clamp instead! Does the Gitzo Mini tripod come with the Arca-Swiss or did you add that separately?

That Gitzo Mini with Clamp -- i.e., a Gitzo tabletop tripod with what appears to be an Arca-Swiss connection for the camera -- has caught my attention. I have a couple of tabletop tripods and one thing which is frustrating about them is that I have to fiddle with screwing in the thing to the camera's tripod mount and wow, I'd love to be able to use an Arca-Swiss clamp instead! Does the Gitzo Mini tripod come with the Arca-Swiss or did you add that separately?
This is a separate clamp. I add these to any device I get, be it ballhead, gimbal, mini-tripod, small monopod/grip...

Let's get this started!

I don't know if I will stick to a theme, yet. I have a few things in mind I might keep up. So far, I start with some 'family related' stuff, in Black&White, going for texture, surfaces, structure... - and, at least for Day 1 and the cafe fellows: related to wine ;)

Octoberfest 2021 - Day 1

OF_2021_Day_01.jpg

Last edited:
Let's get this started!

I don't know if I will stick to a theme, yet. I have a few things in mind I might keep up. So far, I start with some 'family related' stuff, in Black&White, going for texture, surfaces, structure... - and, at least for Day 1 and the cafe fellows: related to wine ;)

Octoberfest 2021 - Day 1

View attachment 1690103
Wonderful control of the DoF on the shot! Well done!

I've had this lens in my shopping cart several times but never pulled the trigger. I'm looking forward to your examples, and I like what I see in the first one.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Nope, you can't stick to a theme - I need to see my children!! :D Hi, Roland, and I loooove trains, so this photo really does it for me!

My kind of train! You are the master of narrow and sharp focus!

Indeed, the shallow dof and seperation is excellent

Wonderful control of the DoF on the shot! Well done!

Wonderful use of DOF and a great candidate for B&W. Well done!!

Ken

I've had this lens in my shopping cart several times but never pulled the trigger. I'm looking forward to your examples, and I like what I see in the first one.

Perfectly crisp isolation, Roland.

Really nice image, Roland! Excellent isolation of subject from the surrounding area.....

Beautiful composition, isolations, and B&W treatment.

Ok, ok, I give in, need to get one of my O gauge trains and take a pic with my 500.

great image here with awesome details.

Nope, you can't stick to a theme - I need to see my children!! :D Hi, Roland, and I loooove trains, so this photo really does it for me!

Beautifully executed

Very nicely done Roland.

Nice lovely dof and great B&W conversion.

Many thanks for all the kind comments. Funny so many mentioned the DoF and bokeh... What I did was trying to get more light, so opening up, to keep ISO lower. I was about 2m from the train, maybe closer. The background is another 5-8 meters further behind - so no wonder everything is blurred. An f/5.6 would do the trick, but not render that nicely, maybe. The 85 delivers ;)

Today has been the 4th saturday, in a row, we went to walk an elder horse. A friend of my wife has 3 horses. She lives (and works, partially) on a farm, her husband is a farmer.

2 of the horses are more than 20 years old, and so she should not ride them anymore. But they enjoy a walk, and our children may still sit on top. As Mayla is so much into horses anyway - which 2nd grader girl isn't? - we love to be given this opportunity. We now 'care' for one of these horses, Fanny, and visit her once every week. We learned how to approach her in the stable, where she stands with her 2 friends, bring her out, brushing, preparing... my wife enjoys this, too. Then we go for a walk. Might be a photo subject for another week.

Back home, our children play 'horse and rider', 'farm', whatever... in any variant. It takes them an afternoon go get back to normal mode, if even ;) Last week, they played 'carriage ride' for hours after, today... well... 'jumping'...

Octoberfest 2021 - Day 2

OF_2021_Day_02.jpg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom