2021 Octoberfest - Kry27 - 85/1.8S - Day 31

Real Name
Paul
Saturday again. So, as I mentioned last week, Day 2 - Mayla playing horse jumping - we went to visit 'our' horse again. The owner of the horse was a little late, but we could do everything on our own anyway - bring "Fanny" out of the stable, prepare her, and so on. As we were ready to go, she showed up, wished us a nice walk and afternoon, and off we went.

Today, it was wonderful. Everybody was having a great time. Luca didn't gripe and grumble when he had to walk, as Mayla sat on Fanny, and Mayla didn't want him to come down the exact second when his turn got an instant longer than her last one had been... :) - she's literally been a stop watch, the other times.

I will show quite a few in the Bucket, so you can all see how we spent the afternoon. It was a hard pick to make, I was thinking of a child's portrait, sitting on the horse. But then, I had to go with this one. My choice was to show the one with all my loved ones, after this day.

Technically, I messed it up, as stopping down more would have been appropriate. Claudia, Luca and Fanny are in focus, while Mayla is further back. My bad, easily visible in the NEF of a Z7. But for this size, I think it works. And if not, I like it anyway.

Octoberfest 2021 - Day 9 - Mayla, Claudia, Luca with Fanny

View attachment 1690756
I like this one better that the ones in the bucket (which are also very good). I nice group shot to keep.

One more of the 'desaturated' series, with a hint of color on the main subject.

Sunday evening cooking: brussels sprouts, roasted in herb butter, flavored with coarse grained salt and Aceto Balsamico bianco.

Octoberfest 2021 - Day 10

OF_2021_Day_10.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

More saturation? ->
Bucket

Last edited:
I am always surprised when someone claims they dislike them.
Love or hate food. But you can change your mind for the better... :D

My wife never liked them, she's disliked these since childhood and admitted later she's never given a try, ever since. I love brussels. But only ate them when eating out.

It's only been 2 years since she bough some for me, looked up how to cook, and surprised me. She tried herself - and was convinced.

EDIT: must be the way she prepared the dish, mainly as shown. Roasted, firm, crisp. She said she remembered these being served cooked to death, in water.
Pappy, slobbery, decaying. Bitter.

Last edited:
Had you not mentioned your hand and not noticing the SS, I would have also thought lighting or steam. Very effective shot and I hope they tasted good!
Excellent.
fart-emoji.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Paul

Sunday evening cooking: brussels sprouts, roasted in herb butter, flavored with coarse grained salt and Aceto Balsamico bianco.

View attachment 1690811

More saturation? ->
Bucket
Wonderful shot with the light coloring, and (what I thought was a) wisp of steam, even though I can't stand brussel sprouts.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator

View attachment 1690811

More saturation? ->
Bucket
These photos are awesome, and the light rays shining into the brussel spouts is amazing! The sprouts look great, too, and I bet they were amazing!

Latest threads

Top Bottom