2021 Octoberfest - Kry27 - 85/1.8S - Day 31

Driving home, I spotted this halo effect. Stop, get the camera out, and try to catch it with the narrower 85mm FoV. Should be a 22 degree ring, as far as I can judge by FoV of the lens. No full ring, of course. The sun is at the right image edge, about cut in half.

Sunlight reflected by ice crystal clouds.

Octoberfest 2021 - Day 11

OF_2021_Day_11.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
A classic sundog. Good color capture. We get these "dogs" especially in the winter when ice crystals hang in the air just above the horizon.

10 - nice colors, great effect with the spoon and hand, +1 for cooking ingredients and -1 for brussel sprouts (yeah, I'm one of those people). :ROFLMAO:

11 - very cool catch, nice comp, love the subtle colors.

Driving home, I spotted this halo effect. Stop, get the camera out, and try to catch it with the narrower 85mm FoV. Should be a 22 degree ring, as far as I can judge by FoV of the lens. No full ring, of course. The sun is at the right image edge, about cut in half.

Sunlight reflected by ice crystal clouds.

Octoberfest 2021 - Day 11

View attachment 1690921
Lucky you! I'm sure I have a shot like this somewhere. Didn't know it was a sun dog. Another thing learnt in the Café.

We arrived in Grindelwald today, at the flat of my father in law. We're here 3 to 4 times a year, sometimes 2 weeks, sometimes a few days. We'll stay until Saturday. Change surroundings, see the mountains, hike with the kids. They love the place.

It's cold, already, an in the flat, it was 16 degrees (°C) only. So: bring in the luggage, and get a fire going. Warming up now, heading to bed. OK, it doesn't feel as if I have done too much today - packing up, driving for 2:30 hrs, cook dinner... still, a long day.

Octoberfest 2021 - Day 12

OF_2021_Day_12.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom