2021 Octoberfest - Lyndee Loo - Z5 - 24-200mm set at 24mm - Days 24

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
12 - excellent catch on the odometer reading, nice capture of the dash.

13 - unique view, beautiful sunset! Fear of heights can be a really bad thing for people that have it, and it can take some serious will power to overcome it - even if just now and again. Kudos to you. (y)
Gorgeous! :D
Thank you both so very much!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Lyndee,
it's masterpiece of photography.

Don't watch me standing on the second ladder rung or higher... :hungover: :wideyed:

Kind regards
Klaus
And Klaus, now you know why you haven't gotten that photo of the Chain of Rocks bridge. The best vantage point for taking that photo is in Illinois, not in Missouri. To get to that vantage point, however, there is a small, one lane bridge that I have to drive over, and I can't do it. I've gone to the entrance of that bridge untold times, but my courage fails me each and every time. :(

Thank you for your comment; I am truly appreciative!!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Day 14

Something a little closer to the ground today. This was taken at our riverfront...

14-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Safely down at ground level :D
I'm intrigued by the processing; what did you do?
Gorgeous shot - well composed and the processing is perfect....
Love that sternwheeler! This looks a bit crisp on my monitor . . .
Thank you; and not too much, Nick. I adjusted the shafows and the whites, but I do believe that I sharpened it too much. I was trying to adjust it, but I didn’t have my glasses on so if it looks too sharp, that’s exactly what it is.

Your blue hour shot of St. Louis was worth facing and conquering your fears for the moment. It's a beauty. You picked a really nice location to photograph from. I also really enjoyed the riverboat shot. I need to visit St. Louis someday!!

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
I get it working from your car, you are everywhere! ( just teasing my friend.). Wonderful riverscape.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Nice shot, with a beautiful sky to complement the river boat.
Reminds me of a postcard.
Exactly, an old timey one. Hence my question about processing.
That's it! I kept staring at the image wondering what memory it was triggering..... Excellent capture, Lyndee, of a really nice waterfront scene! I assume the boat is one which takes tourists for a cruise along the river?
Beautiful image with the boat, the background and the beautiful sky.
Your blue hour shot of St. Louis was worth facing and conquering your fears for the moment. It's a beauty. You picked a really nice location to photograph from. I also really enjoyed the riverboat shot. I need to visit St. Louis someday!!
Makes me think of Proud Mary! Looks like you are an early bird. Very nice sky too.
I get it working from your car, you are everywhere! ( just teasing my friend.). Wonderful riverscape.
Thank you all very much!

I really didn't do anything special to the image. Just some adjustments to the shadows and I toned down the blue and reds. That was pretty much it.

And yes, Wade - working from the car. That's my story and I'm sticking with it, LOL! :ROFLMAO:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Day 15

To the south of the St. Louis Arch, and along the riverfront, is a one mile wall that artists are free to paint on. Known as the Graffiti Wall, it's very popular and is used as a backdrop for a variety of photos, including weddings. Each year, the wall is painted over and a multi-day event is held there as new installations are put up. I really don't care for 90% of what is usually there, but this one I rather liked.

If You Love It, Live it...
15.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom