Critique 2021 Octoberfest - NEF Said (Paul) - 200mm/f4 - Day 23

Day 11: Mimicry
View attachment 1690861
Sometimes, we humans, try to mimic nature. This plant of the half circle window in the bathroom, makes for a nice viewport outside. Too bad the plant is plastic...
Plastic or not, that is one terrific shot, Paul. Excellent complementary colors in your subject and background.

Love the colors in that shot of the plant in the window! Really nice composition! How neat to have a half-circle window in the bathroom!

One day last week when I was out shooting in the neighborhood -- not for this project, so I had one of my other lenses on the camera -- I spotted this nice container of what looked like unusual blue flowers, so I started shooting....and it was only when I got really close that I realized that the flowers were fake ones! LOL!
This window is on one side of where our sinks are, and is positioned high up on the wall. It's hard to get back enough for the 200mm to capture the whole window.

It really is amazing how well they can make some of these flowers look. I've been fooled a few times with flower pots on the porch that are not real plants.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Fire extinguisher awesome choice and day 11 is nice too!

Day 12 Nature - Reflection
Day 12 Nature - Reflection
Ofest_2021_12__DSC9305.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Quick shot this morning, as I have a large house project that I wanted to complete today (I did).

Nice fall colors, nice reflections! You are way ahead of us here....
Thanks! Some areas are really changing up North. Around here, it is spotty, some bright color, some still green, and a few green with some brown leaves on the ground already.

They say is should be a good year for color - I guess given the warmer temps and wetter weather. We'll see.

Great reflection, I tried one on a pond with the 500, but just to close, this is great!
Yes, I had to shoot across one of the "corners" of the lake, so that I could get something larger.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom