Critique 2021 Octoberfest - NEF Said (Paul) - 200mm/f4 - Day 31

Real Name
Paul
Yes indeed! I hinge on your next tribute.
Thanks! Every once in a while I can visualize something abstract like that, but most of the time I'm very literal/concrete in my shots.

It's an intriguing shot. I've never seen anything like that.
Yeah, I saw it and found it quite unusual, so decided to give a try at capturing a shot.

Real Name
Paul
Day 21: Theo Thursday
2021_10_21__DSC9436 1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Today was a bit special, in that my wife had to go to an appointment, so I got Theo all to myself for a few hours. I picked this one over the two I'll put in the bucket.

Real Name
Paul
Photographers who have kids or pets around as either permanent residents of the household or frequent visitors have an advantage over those of us who don't have such subjects readily available! LOL!
Yes, but try taking a photo of a constantly moving two year old, with a 200mm manual focus and aperture lens. You’ll quickly reconsider the “advantage”. :)

Real Name
Paul
Another great portrait. Some folks don't like dappled lighting but this works with the treatment and the subject. I bet the 200 gives you some opportunity to capture him without posing.
Thanks. Yes, it does, if he stays at the same distance long enough for me to hone in on the focus, and he doesn't get too close, when I end up backing up to keep him in frame. It's a challenge.

Real Name
Paul
Day 22: Oranges
2021_10_22__DSC9458.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Our house is just before the cul-de-sac circle, where there is this little tree. It turned from green to bright orange in just two days. I quickly took a shot of it today, before it lost all its leaves (already lost them on the top).

Latest threads

Top Bottom