2021 Octoberfest - Pa - Z 50mm/2.8 MC micro on a Z50 or Z6 Day 16

Day 11

Purple fungus
View attachment 1690865
This is a very tiny fungus which is very different from most that I see. The size can be judged by the two blades of grass that wandered into the frame.

I have to give thanks to my wife for spotting this. I don't think I would have seen it.

5-image focus stack.
That is beautiful!! To me it looks like something that should be growing in the ocean.

Day 12

Striped stem
Stack3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I know, I know...It's time for me to move on from fungi and photograph something else. But dang, doing these focus stacks is so much fun!

Last edited:
Day 10 - Thats a very mature garden but do love how saturated colors get or rainy mornings.

Day 11 - Another that I have never seen . At 1st glance thought of wax'd bones. Great job with stacking but most of all just seeing this specimen.

Day 12 - Another great stack. This image is probably my favorite of all the shroom images I've seen posted. Like the yellow caps and then the chevron like stripes on the stalks. Well done

Jim, your mushroom shots never disappoint. This latest image is wonderful!
Another good one! It's so 3D.
Day 10 - Thats a very mature garden but do love how saturated colors get or rainy mornings.

Day 11 - Another that I have never seen . At 1st glance thought of wax'd bones. Great job with stacking but most of all just seeing this specimen.

Day 12 - Another great stack. This image is probably my favorite of all the shroom images I've seen posted. Like the yellow caps and then the chevron like stripes on the stalks. Well done
This is fascinating -- I've never seen mushrooms with striped stems before! And they're a pretty yellow color, too. Really, your contributions here are quite interesting, all the different types of mushrooms you've been photographing and sharing with us. Don't stop! Got them from a perfect angle, really shows off those stems.

Thank you all. I was fascinated by the striped stems, too.

I'll be driving to central Alabama Thursday for a gathering at our family property in the country, returning Monday. So I'll probably be forced off of fungi for a few days.

Real Name
Andy
You just keep getting better at 'smhroom photography. This is tops, so far :)
Another nice shot Jim, and another unusual looking mushroom.
Fantastic! As usual. Looks like the "adults" are guarding a couple of youngsters!
Snakeskin stem! It's actually rather attractive and, as usual, a superb shot.
Looks so peaceful!

Isn’t most Nikon gear weatherproof?

Jim, these two images and, for that matter, all of your fungi photography, are truly beautiful and inspiring.

Thanks for all the kind remarks. Really, the camera and lens deserve much of the credit. The focus shift shooting feature of the Z6 makes it really easy to do these photos.

...Isn’t most Nikon gear weatherproof?

Sure, but photography isn't much fun in pouring rain!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom