2021 Octoberfest - Pa - Z 50mm/2.8 MC micro on a Z50 or Z6 Day 16

Geez, Jim - another winner! I know that you were trained as an engineer, but did you perhaps minor in mycology? Keep 'em coming, please.

Thanks, Eric. I know nothing about these except that they make interesting photographic subjects.

Those brown leaves and the green moss add so much depth and character. The lighting is first class!

Thanks, Nick. I was fighting a mean greenbrier vine to get in position for these. I still have the scratches on my arm.

Ooh, more yellow mushrooms, but these guys definitely have their own distinct look from the ones with the striped stems..... I agree with Nick that the background here really sets them off very nicely, too.
Lovely fungi you are finding.

Thanks, Connie and Dan. I think this is probably the peak of the season for these now and they will be winding down from here.

The last two are spectacular. You have mastered the focus stacking process as well as finding interesting subjects. It would be nice to know a little more about those fungi. Perhaps the Ag school could help identify.

As an aside, my dad's family is from over the Blue Ridge not far from Princeton, WV. Apparently my grand-father was well known, Doc, who could find remedies from the forests. Surely there were good mushrooms, ginger, etc. SW Va is an ancient part of the world with a diverse ecology and geology.

Really great colors and another unusual shroom.

Thanks, Paul. Actually, those are fairly common around here, though the patterns in the stems I hadn't noticed before.

Another beautiful one. So many different fungi images and all are beautiful. Nice series.

Thanks, Phil

The last two are spectacular. You have mastered the focus stacking process as well as finding interesting subjects. It would be nice to know a little more about those fungi. Perhaps the Ag school could help identify.

I will confess that I really haven't researched what kinds of mushrooms these are. I get frustrated with folks who post pictures of wildflowers without identifying them. Now I'm just as guilty of ignoring IDs for fungi.

As an aside, my dad's family is from over the Blue Ridge not far from Princeton, WV. Apparently my grand-father was well known, Doc, who could find remedies from the forests. Surely there were good mushrooms, ginger, etc. SW Va is an ancient part of the world with a diverse ecology and geology.

We did meet a mushroom hunter on our walk today.

12 & 13 - another pair of cool fungi shots.

It's neat seeing these, I learn things, and you photo them so well I wouldn't be upset if you decided to shoot them all month if that's what you wanted to do.

This is my favorite of your fungi photos so far in this meme!

I'm never sure how they will turn out when I'm making the photos.

Another excellent image, you need to start a book of Fungi from SW Virginia.

Thanks, John. I've been thinking about doing that.

12 & 13 - another pair of cool fungi shots.

It's neat seeing these, I learn things, and you photo them so well I wouldn't be upset if you decided to shoot them all month if that's what you wanted to do.
Yet another excellent installment in your “phungography” series.

Thanks, Gordon and Andy.

Day 14

Fading yellow
Stack2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom